Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor vs Hendo... Who Takes It?

Print  
Fedor vs. Henderson
Fedor Emelianenko 29 71%
Dan Hednerson 12 29%
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

deezyo

MMA Regular

deezyo Avatar

Career:979-773
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
fedor but would not be surprised if hendo wins

Post #31   6/26/11 4:02:53PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I would have to go with Fedor at any weight. I think his striking is considerably better, he's faster, and their wrestling is comparable, Fedor's wrestling may also be better suited to MMA even though Dan has the superior wrestling on paper.

Sambo is rooted heavily in wrestling, so even though Dan is an olympic caliber wrestler, Fedor has pretty comparable wrestling, came up in a style of wrestling suited directly to mma, and is the bigger, stronger man IMO.

I think Dan definitely has a chance to land a big shot, or to hold Fedor down if he can get the TD, but I think Fedor is definitely the safer pick, and the better all around fighter.

Post #32   7/1/11 12:06:08AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
How can you fight the best, when you are the best?

Post #33   7/1/11 6:08:16AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by cowcatcher

At the time Fedor was in PRIDE it was home to most of the top fighters in the world, especially in the HW division. Take a look back at rankings from the PRIDE era and see how many UFC fighters were there compared to guys in PRIDE. You honestly don't seem to know what you're talking about here, you're basically regurgitating what so many TUF era fans have said on the net for the past few years and it's still incorrect no matter how many new fans say it. Just because the guys he beat then that were top fighters are no longer the fighters they once were doesn't take away from the wins over them at the time. On top of that, to go that many years in MMA without getting caught and losing a fight is insane. Everyone loses in this sport, Fedor just took 10 years to do it and to discredit that shows that you just are blindly hating the guy, or you don't have a clue. So which is it?

pride was over in 2005... whats Fedor done since then... nothing but ask for more money fighting lower end fighters. thats the better part of a decade where people claimed he was the best in the world but did everything in his power to avoid fighting the best.

Back in Pride he was the best but being the best nearly 10 years ago mean nothing now, 10 years ago Chuck Liddell was untouchable look where he ended up 6 out of his last 7 fights. I would of loved to seen Fedor go to the UFC back when he was on the top, but he seemed to always hide from fighting the best by arguing contracts and what not. I do not logically see how someone can claim to be the best in the world and never fight the best.

Didnt I smash a post you made similar to this a week or two ago...

Arlovski, ranked #2 when Fedor fought him.

Sylvia, ranked in the top 10 when Fedor fought him.

Rogers, ranked in the top 10 when Fedor fought him.

Bigfoot, ranked in the top 10 when Fedor fought him.

Werdum, ranked in the top 10 when Fedor fought him.

Your argument is horrible duder. And you cant sign a UFC contract when youre in an exclusive contract with a different org, didnt any Fedor haters read the fine print? lets keep it real shall we...

Post #34   7/2/11 5:17:30AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3