Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor vs Hendo... Who Takes It?

Print  
Fedor vs. Henderson
Fedor Emelianenko 29 71%
Dan Hednerson 12 29%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:
who cares.. they are both old farts... neither of them can make it in the current UFC... this a fight that has no bearing on the UFC other then to feed the Fedor nuthuggers and for Hendo to get a payday before he retires...

The whole thing is an insult to MMA with what they are paying these guys... Fedor has not been important in MMA since like 2005 thats the last time he fought anyone near the top of the ladder... and Hendo is in a place where he just can;t hang with the young guys as well anymore. He is the SF champ, but whats that say about the SF belts...

Last edited 6/7/11 8:28PM server time by Jekyll
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   6/7/11 8:28:01PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

who cares.. they are both old farts... neither of them can make it in the current UFC... this a fight that has no bearing on the UFC other then to feed the Fedor nuthuggers and for Hendo to get a payday before he retires...

The whole thing is an insult to MMA with what they are paying these guys... Fedor has not been important in MMA since like 2005 thats the last time he fought anyone near the top of the ladder... and Hendo is in a place where he just can;t hang with the young guys as well anymore. He is the SF champ, but whats that say about the SF belts...

How in the hell is what they are being paid an insult to MMA? Your comments are more insulting than anything about this fight. Those guys have paid their dues and earned bigger contracts by being at or near the top of the food chain for years. This may come as a shock to you but MMA existed before the UFC, and there is more to the MMA world than the UFC.

Fedor beat the two guys that ruled the UFC's HW roost for a few years in Timmeh and AA right after they left the UFC, and he KO'd them both, and both came a few years after '05. Say what you will about their careers right now, but at the time those were VERY big wins over top 5 opponents. Take a break from reading now and research it, I'll give you a minute.

Hendo can't hang with the young guys? Tell that to Feijao or Bisping, not to mention the fact that he beat perennial contenders Franklin and Babalu around the loss to Shields as well. I could give you another minute to look those wins up too if you need it.

I'll finish by telling you who cares about this fight: people that have been fans of the sport for years and appreciate the sport and the fighters. I get it, you can say whatever you want from behind the keyboard and stir the pot without knowing a damn thing about what you are talking about, but don't bring that crap here, that belongs on Sherdog.

Post #17   6/8/11 8:44:06AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Jekyll

How in the hell is what they are being paid an insult to MMA? Your comments are more insulting than anything about this fight. Those guys have paid their dues and earned bigger contracts by being at or near the top of the food chain for years. This may come as a shock to you but MMA existed before the UFC, and there is more to the MMA world than the UFC.

Fedor beat the two guys that ruled the UFC's HW roost for a few years in Timmeh and AA right after they left the UFC, and he KO'd them both, and both came a few years after '05. Say what you will about their careers right now, but at the time those were VERY big wins over top 5 opponents. Take a break from reading now and research it, I'll give you a minute.

Hendo can't hang with the young guys? Tell that to Feijao or Bisping, not to mention the fact that he beat perennial contenders Franklin and Babalu around the loss to Shields as well. I could give you another minute to look those wins up too if you need it.

I'll finish by telling you who cares about this fight: people that have been fans of the sport for years and appreciate the sport and the fighters. I get it, you can say whatever you want from behind the keyboard and stir the pot without knowing a damn thing about what you are talking about, but don't bring that crap here, that belongs on Sherdog.

No the fact that Fedor is getting payed 1.5 million... Fedor is not close to worth that he has not fought anyone that was any good since 2005, so tell us why he deserve the biggest payday in MMA history? Hendo is getting 800k thats more then anyone in the UFC makes and guys in the UFC are better then Hendo.

You bring up Franklin when most people think Franklin won that fight. Timmy got floored by an over 40 Randy Couture and tossed around like a little kid for 25 minutes, Arlovski has pretty much always had a glass jaw.

All in all Fedor is the most over rated fighter in MMA history, if he was truly the best he would of fought the best not the has been that couldn't hack it anymore.

Post #18   6/8/11 9:51:53AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
People will pay to see Fedor, especially since he is close to the end. I think you're way off on your assessment of Fedor. Picks on the PG are not the beat all end all to a posters knowledge by any means, but after seeing that you cherry picked only 3 fights on the last card and got 2 of them wrong, and reading a few of your posts, I have to question your opinions on MMA.

Post #19   6/8/11 10:02:15AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

People will pay to see Fedor, especially since he is close to the end. I think you're way off on your assessment of Fedor. Picks on the PG are not the beat all end all to a posters knowledge by any means, but after seeing that you cherry picked only 3 fights on the last card and got 2 of them wrong, and reading a few of your posts, I have to question your opinions on MMA.

so because i do not swing from fedors nuts like you my knowledge of MMA is suspect? classic childish retort... but hey its ok, if it wasn't for nut huggers Fedor would have no fans at all

Post #20   6/8/11 11:27:11AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by cowcatcher

so because i do not swing from fedors nuts like you my knowledge of MMA is suspect? classic childish retort... but hey its ok, if it wasn't for nut huggers Fedor would have no fans at all

That's not what I said. I said that along with some of your posts, the fact that you only cherry picked 3 fights and still got 2 of them wrong hurts your credibility. Reading comprehension is underrated these days I guess.

Post #21   6/8/11 11:50:04AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,682-1,471
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

Your knowledge of mma is apalling.

1. Fedor is still a top 10 heavyweight, and even if he wasnt, hes lost 2 fights in his entire career of 30+ fights which is a huge accomplishment for anyone. People want to see this guy fight, face facts bro. Maybe 1.5 mill is a little ridiculous, but hell, blame the promoters who were willing to pay it! There's no reason to insult a legend of the sport. I bet when he wins his next fight everyone will be back on his nuts.

2. Hendo is an old fart past his prime? What are you smokin bro? Dudes still a top 2 or 3 middleweight and atleast a top 10 light heavyweight. He's lost to Jake Shields, Anderson Silva, and Rampage over the past couple of years and suddenly he's finished?

Post #22   6/8/11 12:17:06PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Jekyll

Your knowledge of mma is apalling.

1. Fedor is still a top 10 heavyweight, and even if he wasnt, hes lost 2 fights in his entire career of 30+ fights which is a huge accomplishment for anyone. People want to see this guy fight, face facts bro. Maybe 1.5 mill is a little ridiculous, but hell, blame the promoters who were willing to pay it! There's no reason to insult a legend of the sport. I bet when he wins his next fight everyone will be back on his nuts.

2. Hendo is an old fart past his prime? What are you smokin bro? Dudes still a top 2 or 3 middleweight and atleast a top 10 light heavyweight. He's lost to Jake Shields, Anderson Silva, and Rampage over the past couple of years and suddenly he's finished?

so Fedor is great because he spent the better part of his carrer fighting people that are no-ones? i don't understand, how can you be the best if you NEVER fight the best? that is just dumb... anyone can rack up 30 wins against no-bodys that does not make them the best in the world.

If you fight nothing but crap fighters that simply makes you the top turd on a pile of sh!t

Post #23   6/9/11 9:21:33AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
At the time Fedor was in PRIDE it was home to most of the top fighters in the world, especially in the HW division. Take a look back at rankings from the PRIDE era and see how many UFC fighters were there compared to guys in PRIDE. You honestly don't seem to know what you're talking about here, you're basically regurgitating what so many TUF era fans have said on the net for the past few years and it's still incorrect no matter how many new fans say it. Just because the guys he beat then that were top fighters are no longer the fighters they once were doesn't take away from the wins over them at the time. On top of that, to go that many years in MMA without getting caught and losing a fight is insane. Everyone loses in this sport, Fedor just took 10 years to do it and to discredit that shows that you just are blindly hating the guy, or you don't have a clue. So which is it?

Post #24   6/9/11 9:51:20AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

so Fedor is great because he spent the better part of his carrer fighting people that are no-ones? i don't understand, how can you be the best if you NEVER fight the best? that is just dumb... anyone can rack up 30 wins against no-bodys that does not make them the best in the world.

If you fight nothing but crap fighters that simply makes you the top turd on a pile of sh!t

Dude...seriously. Pump the brakes. You're in debates all over these forums with various members of the site and you're coming pretty close to violating site rules (and you already have in this thread alone). Your opinion is no better than that of anyone else's so please stop acting like it is.

Also, calling a fighter a "top turd on a pile of sh!t" is blatant fighter bashing which is simply not allowed in any way, shape or form.

Tone it down a notch or ten, please.

Thank you.

Last edited 6/9/11 10:03AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #25   6/9/11 9:52:27AM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Unless Hendo miraculously KO's Fedor with one punch, I think Fedor should win it. Fedor is a much better finisher then Shields, if he had Henderson in those positions he would have finished him. But both were mounted in there most recent losses so it does make it really hard to pick who wins this.

I'll just say Fedor just because Henderson's striking isn't as technical as Antonio Silva's and on the ground Fedor should catch him in something.

Post #26   6/9/11 12:32:42PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

At the time Fedor was in PRIDE it was home to most of the top fighters in the world, especially in the HW division. Take a look back at rankings from the PRIDE era and see how many UFC fighters were there compared to guys in PRIDE. You honestly don't seem to know what you're talking about here, you're basically regurgitating what so many TUF era fans have said on the net for the past few years and it's still incorrect no matter how many new fans say it. Just because the guys he beat then that were top fighters are no longer the fighters they once were doesn't take away from the wins over them at the time. On top of that, to go that many years in MMA without getting caught and losing a fight is insane. Everyone loses in this sport, Fedor just took 10 years to do it and to discredit that shows that you just are blindly hating the guy, or you don't have a clue. So which is it?

pride was over in 2005... whats Fedor done since then... nothing but ask for more money fighting lower end fighters. thats the better part of a decade where people claimed he was the best in the world but did everything in his power to avoid fighting the best.

Back in Pride he was the best but being the best nearly 10 years ago mean nothing now, 10 years ago Chuck Liddell was untouchable look where he ended up 6 out of his last 7 fights. I would of loved to seen Fedor go to the UFC back when he was on the top, but he seemed to always hide from fighting the best by arguing contracts and what not. I do not logically see how someone can claim to be the best in the world and never fight the best.

Post #27   6/9/11 1:25:00PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

I do not logically see how someone can claim to be the best in the world and never fight the best.

I must've missed that interview.

Post #28   6/9/11 1:26:54PM   

roofer1967

MMA Regular

roofer1967 Avatar

Career:1,015-623
Camp: Frontline
Chips:
Ok with all that said I'll take Fedor by submission late in round 2.

Post #29   6/14/11 12:39:58AM   

robert619

Learning to Sprawl

robert619 Avatar

Career:974-678
Camp: EA UFC Forums
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

I think both Hendo and Fedor would do great in the UFC. In this fight its hard to see a finish for me though. Both have iron chins, great ground games, and are both heavy handed. If there is a finish it will most likely be Fedor getting a sub. I think Hendo can do it though. I can't wait for this.

Following both of them basicly from the very start of both of their careers. I like both Fedor and Hendo. Both of these men helped the sport to where it's at today. Both have epic fights, amazing knockouts, and have been great champions. I don't care if your not a fan of them but please show a little respect towards them.

Post #30   6/14/11 4:43:36PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3