Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Thiago Alves vs Paul Daley

Print  
Posted By Message

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Pretty simple if they did fight who ya got?

I like Thiago by brutal 2nd round tko. Man this would be a super sick fight.

Post #1   4/10/11 8:41:48PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
Alves by knockout after a few brutal exchanges. He just has too many weapons in his arsenal that can catch Daley. Sure, Daley has his two bombs in his fists, but Alves has two fists, two feet, two knees, two elbows, which can all make you go night night. Basically Alves is just a big bag of s*** that can f*** up your night.

Last edited 4/10/11 10:04PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   4/10/11 9:04:28PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Fireworks till someone goes down

Post #3   4/10/11 9:31:06PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Alves by knockout after a few brutal exchanges. He just has too many weapons in his arsenal that can catch Daley. Sure, Daley has his two bombs in his fists, but Alves has two fists, two feet, two elbows, which can all make you go night night. Basically Alves is just a big bag of s*** that can f*** up your night.

This

Post #4   4/10/11 9:33:55PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:575-373
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
IMO Thiago will KO Daley in the 1st if they ever hook it up.

Post #5   4/10/11 11:08:52PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Thiago Alves easily takes this. His standup is much better and he can take a better punch. His wrestling is also better. Daley stands no chance... except after the fight is over.

Post #6   4/11/11 1:20:40AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Alves is the best striker in that division by far. Daley has a tremendous reach advantage (Closer to 76" than 74.5"), but alves is going to be able to kick from the range Diaz was throwing at, and Daley seemed ill-prepared for having to work a high rate at that range.

Alves v. Rumble is the one WW striker v. striker match-up where i'd be hesitant to pick Thiago.

Post #7   4/11/11 4:06:44AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Alves is the best striker in that division by far. Daley has a tremendous reach advantage (Closer to 76" than 74.5"), but alves is going to be able to kick from the range Diaz was throwing at, and Daley seemed ill-prepared for having to work a high rate at that range.

Alves v. Rumble is the one WW striker v. striker match-up where i'd be hesitant to pick Thiago.

Really I would takes Alves with no hesitation. I'm intrested in why you feel that way.

Post #8   4/11/11 7:44:43AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I would pick Johnson unfortunately really cant stand the guy...but he can wrestle if he uses it and it only takes a little bit of wrestling to Beat Alves...it depends on what Johnson does in the fight...I never understand why some fighters don't use their strengths to other fighters weakness...Like when Rashad fought machida..Sherk tried to box Edgar...

I think if Rumble takes alves down within the first minute the fight is over because alves has also proved once he gets frustrated he usually just gives up...I think Rick Story will beat Alves...Hes a great wrestler and Alves needs take down defense...alves should really change camps...and go to Greg Jackson...or go train with Bader and CB Dollaway and Simpson his game would drastically improve...

Post #9   4/11/11 9:43:07AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

I would pick Johnson unfortunately really cant stand the guy...but he can wrestle if he uses it and it only takes a little bit of wrestling to Beat Alves...it depends on what Johnson does in the fight...I never understand why some fighters don't use their strengths to other fighters weakness...Like when Rashad fought machida..Sherk tried to box Edgar...

I think if Rumble takes alves down within the first minute the fight is over because alves has also proved once he gets frustrated he usually just gives up...I think Rick Story will beat Alves...Hes a great wrestler and Alves needs take down defense...alves should really change camps...and go to Greg Jackson...or go train with Bader and CB Dollaway and Simpson his game would drastically improve...

I actually think Alves has some of the best take-down defense in the division. Sherk and Rashad couldn't get close enough to get a successful takedown, thats why they stood and tried to box with Machida and Edgar.

Post #10   4/11/11 1:20:18PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Pookie

Really I would takes Alves with no hesitation. I'm intrested in why you feel that way.

The reach difference and Johnson's affinity for straight punches. Thiago has average reach for his size, but he also has really large shoulders, which means that his arm length is actually pretty short for 5'9", which is pretty short for WW as it is. He's going to have to work to get inside, much harder than against Daley, who likes to throw wider looping power punches. I personally think Alves is the better fighter, but styles make match-ups and i see where Alves can have difficulty.

Post #11   4/11/11 1:24:13PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

I actually think Alves has some of the best take-down defense in the division. Sherk and Rashad couldn't get close enough to get a successful takedown, thats why they stood and tried to box with Machida and Edgar.

I have to disagree Pookie....The reason Rashad and shook tried to trade is because well Rashad says himself thats what he likes to do and after that fight he flat out said I need to go back to my bread and butter...of wrestling...Sherk on the other hand I watched the fight and still remember...Why? I know this fight...I had a huge parlay for 700 dollars I needed Sherk to win....He didnt even go for a takedown...he thinks he can box with his little alligator arms but he cant...He did that for his next fight too...

Post #12   4/12/11 9:02:09AM