Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Focused on Rehab, Jury Targets November Return

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,865-1,032
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Myles Jury wanted to justify the hype. Fate had other plans.

Favored by many pundits to win Season 13 of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series, the undefeated Jury (Pictured) instead bowed out of the competition upon suffering a serious knee injury during coaches’ evaluations. The snap, crackle and pop told him it could be serious, and tests confirmed his fears: a torn anterior-cruciate ligament and meniscus.

Jury underwent reconstructive surgery in March and set out to restore his health.

“It’s kind of opened my eyes to how tough the body is,” he told Sherdog.com. “I’m learning a lot about my body working with my physical therapist. He’s got me rehabbing my whole body now. I think my body was overtrained. I don’t want to get injured like this again. I needed a break.”

A little more than a month removed from surgery, Jury has already begun light training. If all goes according to plan, he will return to jiu-jitsu workouts in three months and sparring in six months. One of the sport’s top welterweight prospects, he has designs on a November comeback.

“Rehab’s going great,” he said. “I’m working hard, just getting stronger.”

LINK

Last edited 4/8/11 1:51PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   4/8/11 1:50:45PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,865-1,032
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I figured he would be returning for the TUF finale. Guess not.

Last edited 4/8/11 2:03PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   4/8/11 2:03:17PM