Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nick Diaz Says Paul Daley Can Have the Belt

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz fights Paul Daley this Saturday April 9th at Strikeforce: Diaz vs Daley. This is his first fight for the promotion since its acquisition by his former employer Zuffa LLC, the parent company of the UFC. Diaz comments on the acquisition for the first time to MMA Weekly and he isn't happy:
"(About UFC buying Strikeforce) Honestly, I don't understand this whole thing. I'm way too busy training. It's hard for me to understand what's going on. But I knew there was a reason why I never strapped that belt around my waist. Whatever, champion, whatever. (Paul Daley) can have the belt. I'm fighting for money."

"I don't feel like a champion right now that the UFC bought this organization. I don't understand all that. I thought we were competing with the UFC. I thought my belt was potentially just as important as the UFC belt and we had the best fighters here (in Strikeforce); more technical martial artists and stand-up fighters."

"But now this is all about going to the UFC so I don't care about the Strikeforce belt. There was a reason why I never put that **** on anyways."

LINK

Post #1   4/7/11 9:44:23PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Diaz is gonna "Light" Semtex up

Post #2   4/7/11 9:46:57PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

"more technical martial artists and stand-up fighters."

The UFC's WW devision contains: GSP, Fitch, Alves, Koscheck, Johnson and many, many more. Strikeforce has a seriously weak WW devision. If Diaz believes that he's crazier than I thought!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   4/7/11 9:53:37PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

The UFC's WW devision contains: GSP, Fitch, Alves, Koscheck, Johnson and many, many more. Strikeforce has a seriously weak WW devision. If Diaz believes that he's crazier than I thought!

DIAZ CAN BEAT ALL OF THOSE GUYS EXCEPT GSP

Post #4   4/7/11 10:02:57PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

He's always been one to look through a different set of glasses when comparing his situation to others. Business as usual for him IMO.

Post #5   4/7/11 10:03:18PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:

Posted by kevietre

Posted by SmileR

Diaz's kryptonite has always been well rounded wrestlers. Beating up guys willing to trade with him or with deficient all around skills doesn't mean he could do what he failed to do when he was in the UFC. Don't get me wrong; I think he's a very good fighter. There's just been nothing that he's done since he left the UFC to show me that he's improved that part of his game.

Post #6   4/7/11 10:07:15PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Honestly I love this. Diaz talks major crap about the fighters in the UFC, saying he wants to fight Silva and GSP and what not, then when his contract comes up he chooses to resign with strikeforce. Now he's going to have to back up all the talk he has been spewing out of his mouth.

He's a very good fighter no way around it but I'm just happy instead of talking which he is also very good at, he will have to back it up against the likes of Koscheck, Fitch, Condit, Alves, Kampmann and GSP.

Last edited 4/7/11 10:13PM server time by DevonFoxy
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   4/7/11 10:11:59PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This is Diaz 101: How to Get in Good With Your New Boss.

Post #8   4/7/11 10:12:50PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
Nick Diaz has honor! were all thinkin it he speaks out!

Last edited 4/7/11 10:20PM server time by submissionartist1
Edit note/reason: its about the fighters

Post #9   4/7/11 10:19:03PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
Nick is my 3rd favorite fighter but boy, oh boy his interviews sure are painful to watch. He is chillin' out in the Oort Cloud.

Post #10   4/7/11 10:37:35PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kevietre

Posted by SmileR

Post #11   4/7/11 11:26:56PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by SmileR

He's always been one to look through a different set of glasses when comparing his situation to others. Business as usual for him IMO.

Yeah, I suppose but his version of business as usual got him sacked from the UFC last time and he's not going to be winning any fans making statements like that.

Diaz has always marched to the beat of his own drum though, I just hope he sticks around Strikeforce I enjoy his fights.

Post #12   4/7/11 11:29:43PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Nick is my 3rd favorite fighter but boy, oh boy his interviews sure are painful to watch. He is chillin' out in the Oort Cloud.

Lol, if there are two things you have to love, it's a Nick Diaz interview and references to super massive comet clouds! Well played sir.

My goal is to make a wave-particle duality reference soon

Post #13   4/8/11 12:37:46AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,914-1,601
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by kevietre

Posted by SmileR

Was sort of thinking that myself

Post #14   4/8/11 8:37:29AM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Sir_Karl

Lol, if there are two things you have to love, it's a Nick Diaz interview and references to super massive comet clouds! Well played sir.

My goal is to make a wave-particle duality reference soon

Ohhh Particle Physics and fist throwing? What a party.
I'll start putting to work a standard model of ass kickery.
UPpercut quard and takeDOWN quark? ;P
Or maybe a joke with the strong and weak forces analogising the Silva VS Vera fight.
And dude I LOVE nick's interviews.
Dead honest - and says the things outright most mouth-breathing morons need to hear.

Post #15   4/8/11 8:48:56AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2