Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brendan Schaub Eyes Mir, Nelson or Nogueira As Potential Next Opponent

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub is hesitant to talk about his own standing in the division, but it’s clear he’s ready to test himself against the best of the best.

LINK

Post #1   4/7/11 12:43:20PM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Career:48-23
Chips:
Woahhh. Slow down there speed racer. Win 2 more fights then we can talk Nog.

Post #2   4/7/11 12:53:53PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I like the idea of big Nog fighting period. Nog should get an easy fight, because he has been out for so long now. Maybe
Nog vs Struve
Nog vs Barry/ Kongo winner
NOG vs ROY
vs Brendan

I'm glad Brendan wants revenge on Nelson, Roy was awesome in those fights vs Brendan and Struve. Roy won the TUF finale fair and square, it wasnt a fluke, i just think everyone gets caught, and brendan is much better and has that experience under his belt now.

I think Brendan could do much better in a rematch.

I think Brendan has the hw build and cardio, to compliment his other improving skills, whereas Roy's cardio is good for having that belly, but Roy is not as physically fit as he could and should be.

Post #3   4/7/11 12:54:22PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TS92turbo

Woahhh. Slow down there speed racer. Win 2 more fights then we can talk Nog.

I don't know. A match-up between Nog and Schaub could be the perfect test for both of them. Nog hasn't won since 2009 and hasn't fought since his devastating knockout loss to Valesquez, so from the ranking perspective it's valid, and this fight could be positive for either fighter.. It will allow us to see just how far Schaub has advanced his game and also could be a decent tune-up fight for Nog.

Post #4   4/7/11 12:59:09PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I like the idea of big Nog fighting period. Nog should get an easy fight, because he has been out for so long now. Maybe
Nog vs Struve
Nog vs Barry/ Kongo winner
NOG vs ROY
vs Brendan

I'm glad Brendan wants revenge on Nelson, Roy was awesome in those fights vs Brendan and Struve. Roy won the TUF finale fair and square, it wasnt a fluke, i just think everyone gets caught, and brendan is much better and has that experience under his belt now.

I think Brendan could do much better in a rematch.

I think Brendan has the hw build and cardio, to compliment his other improving skills, whereas Roy's cardio is good for having that belly, but Roy is not as physically fit as he could and should be.

At this point in Nog's career, none of those fights could be that easy.

Post #5   4/7/11 1:00:20PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,385-1,434
Chips:
i think Nelson would still school Schaub..he showd he wasn't that good in the clinch..so if Nelson ties him up against the cage..he's gettin KO'd again..his strikin still didn't look that good against CC..n CC was takin too him, an OUTDATED CC..sorry Schaub..u don't fight a can, than go fight top 10ers..mayb u should think more realistic..mayb someone like Struve, Barry, Hunt or mayb even Rothwell..

Post #6   4/7/11 1:09:19PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
Schaub vs Mir- W for Schaub

I honestly think at the point Nog is in his career that Schaub could probably beat him (save the flaming, it hurts bad enough just saying it). Don't get me wrong, Nog could still pull it off, but I think he's reaching the twilight of his career.

IMO the only fight out of these 3 that I think would really present the biggest threat is Nelson. Nelson is a beast, a very round beast, kinda looks like someone you'd see in the Dukes of Hazzard, but he has already beat him once and you just can't count big country out.

Post #7   4/7/11 2:05:50PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I would like to see Schaub fight any of them.
I think the best fight would be against Nog, and I think Schaub would pull it off. Nog hasn't fought for over a year and ring rust should have set in by now.
I think the easiest fight for Schaub would be Mir.
Nelson rematch would be sweet and I think Schaub would take it this time.

Post #8   4/7/11 3:02:36PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think schaub vs meathead needs to happen
Or have schaub vs mike russow

Post #9   4/7/11 3:17:52PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I think schaub vs meathead needs to happen
Or have schaub vs mike russow

Agree with Schaub vs. Meathead

Post #10   4/7/11 5:01:27PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Nog vs Roy would be nice

Post #11   4/7/11 5:21:15PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i like all those matchups. gives schaub a real chance to get tested. cro cop goes out with most any good shot these days. id like schaub to fight mir to see if mir is still in it. i really couldnt care less about schaub but it would be a test for all three of the other guys to see if they are still upper echelon fighters.

Post #12   4/7/11 11:30:06PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Chips:
god i hate Schaub. Lets start with Roy, does schaub remeber what happen last time he fought big country, or did he get hit 2 hard. Mir vs Schaub doesnt get me excited at all, i think mir would win, but even if schaub pulled it out, what does that mean... U just beat a guy who looked even worse than u did against Mirko. And finally big nog. i think this would b schaub's best chance for a "W" but i would still definetley make nog the favorite. Plus nog has nothin 2 gain 2 fight schaub. I think Schaub just wants 2 beat up on another legend, so he can say i beat cro cop and big nog
Rite now i would like to see him fight a mitrione, beat him and maybe he gets a sniff of one of these guys.

Post #13   4/8/11 5:07:42PM