Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Murder Sets Back MMA in South Dakota

Print  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,902-1,122
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
This story was found by site member Hooligan and he asked me to post it on his behalf.

Mixed Martial Arts in South Dakota took a big blow after a fist fight in a Watertown, SD parking lot turned deadly. According to police reports, on March 13th, just after 3am, Jerrin Stulken, a trainer for the Disciples of Combat MMA team, attacked 26 year old Justin Jaton in an alcohol-fueled rage, knocking him out with the first blow. After Jaton fell to the concrete Stulken continued to strike him in the head inflicting critical head injuries, which eventually led to Jaton’s death

Link

Post #1   4/5/11 1:56:24PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

This story was found by site member Hooligan and he asked me to post it on his behalf.

Mixed Martial Arts in South Dakota took a big blow after a fist fight in a Watertown, SD parking lot turned deadly. According to police reports, on March 13th, just after 3am, Jerrin Stulken, a trainer for the Disciples of Combat MMA team, attacked 26 year old Justin Jaton in an alcohol-fueled rage, knocking him out with the first blow. After Jaton fell to the concrete Stulken continued to strike him in the head inflicting critical head injuries, which eventually led to Jaton’s death

Link

To keep hitting a guy once he's knocked out is ****** up on so many levels. I can go on for days about that but I won't.

Last edited 4/5/11 2:02PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: keep*

Post #2   4/5/11 2:00:01PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,902-1,122
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
In the first post I said this story was found by Hooligan, he has since told me it was him who wrote the story.

Props mate, if you post a reply on this thread then I will prop you.

Post #3   4/5/11 2:19:45PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
That's fricken disgusting on soooo many levels. It's people like that that make this a rough world to live in sometimes.
On a similar note, I hate when guys throw in extra punches after the ref jumps in or during subs, when they hold it longer then they should. Sucks....

Post #4   4/5/11 3:08:06PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

That's fricken disgusting on soooo many levels. It's people like that that make this a rough world to live in sometimes.
On a similar note, I hate when guys throw in extra punches after the ref jumps in or during subs, when they hold it longer then they should. Sucks....

That bothers me quite a bit as well. I know most of the time fighters are just surging with adrenaline and can't help themselves but to throw an extra punch or two but when guys just keep going I find that to be the most disrespectful, disgusting thing this sport can offer. When the fight is over, the fight is over. Enough said.

Also, I'll let it be noted that I tried to give you props but I need to spread the love, so it's there in spirit.

Last edited 4/5/11 4:15PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: 2nd paragraph

Post #5   4/5/11 4:14:04PM   

Hooligan

Learning to Sprawl

Hooligan Avatar

Career:625-456
Camp: Team IFI
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

In the first post I said this story was found by Hooligan, he has since told me it was him who wrote the story.

Props mate, if you post a reply on this thread then I will prop you.

Its a terrible story and I tried no to attack the mma guy directly, but its just sickening.

Post #6   4/5/11 4:56:50PM