Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bellator 39 Results

Print  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,232-1,201
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez scored a unanimous decision over Pat Curran to retain the 155-pound belt in his first title defense in Saturday’s Bellator 39 main event in Uncasville, Conn.

Rick Hawn edged former champ Lyman Good by split decision to advance to the finals of the season four welterweight tournament, while Patricky “Pitbull” Freire moved to the lightweight finals with a first-round knockout of Toby Imada.

Link

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #1   4/3/11 9:37:08AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I sincerely hope everyone on the playground caught this card. Hell, I hope the whole nation caught this card! Alvarez-Curran and Good-Hawn were both good bouts, but Saunders-Lee and Freire-Imada..... Holy lord.

Pitbull scored the KO of the year, and maybe the best KO I've seen in my life. And Saunders beat Lee to the point I feel the doctors, ref, and Matt Lee's cornermen all severly screwed up by letting Lee go out for Round 3. I didn't even think Round 2 was completely necessary.

Matt Lee's face looked worse than if Diego Sanchez would have fought BJ Penn and Martin Kampmann in the same night. I hope he wasn't permanently injured.

Post #2   4/3/11 10:09:38AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I sincerely hope everyone on the playground caught this card. Hell, I hope the whole nation caught this card! Alvarez-Curran and Good-Hawn were both good bouts, but Saunders-Lee and Freire-Imada..... Holy lord.

Pitbull scored the KO of the year, and maybe the best KO I've seen in my life. And Saunders beat Lee to the point I feel the doctors, ref, and Matt Lee's cornermen all severly screwed up by letting Lee go out for Round 3. I didn't even think Round 2 was completely necessary.

Matt Lee's face looked worse than if Diego Sanchez would have fought BJ Penn and Martin Kampmann in the same night. I hope he wasn't permanently injured.

Awh man, I haven't seen the card yet, I'm waiting for The Score to do it's 8pm Sunday replay. I can't wait to see it. Getting to watch Alvarez do his thing for 25 minutes sounds pretty good to me!

Post #3   4/3/11 11:12:10AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
You gotta catch those fights! I almost felt bad ruining it for ya, then I was like wait, the thread is Bellator 39 results lol.

The Alvarez fight was definitely a good one. Curran did a lot better than a lot of the write ups give him credit for. Personally I don't think that fight will help his case moving up in the 155 rankings, but Alvarez is a beast. There are few that would be able to beat him.

Good card all around!

Post #4   4/3/11 11:45:08AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

You gotta catch those fights! I almost felt bad ruining it for ya, then I was like wait, the thread is Bellator 39 results lol.

The Alvarez fight was definitely a good one. Curran did a lot better than a lot of the write ups give him credit for. Personally I don't think that fight will help his case moving up in the 155 rankings, but Alvarez is a beast. There are few that would be able to beat him.

Good card all around!

Lol naw, I ruined it for myself as soon as I got home last night :P. I couldn't stand not knowing if Alvarez won or not. Yeah, I personally didn't think he'd reach the championship rounds but I'm glad to see he did. He's a good up and coming fighter.

Alvarez can't go any higher than what he is at this point. No one is good enough in Bellator to really make an impact on where he stands in the lightweight division. If he wants to beat guys that are great, unknown fighters than Bellator is where he should stay. If he wants to test himself (like I know he does) he'll have to move on from Bellator. It's the only way.

Post #5   4/3/11 12:45:07PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,568-1,403
Chips:
I dunno man, Patricky Freire has looked awesome this season. He could Alvarez his toughest fight yet.

I was happy to see Killa B back doing his thing, that was a one-sided beating.

Bellator has been awesome this season, its a shame they dont get more viewership.

Post #6   4/3/11 12:58:32PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

I dunno man, Patricky Freire has looked awesome this season. He could Alvarez his toughest fight yet.

I was happy to see Killa B back doing his thing, that was a one-sided beating.

Bellator has been awesome this season, its a shame they dont get more viewership.

That's not the point though. I said Bellator fighters are great, they're just not ranked high at all. You won't find Pitbull on any top 15 list. That's what I was saying. Alvarez has nothing to gain by fighting great fighters that are virtually unknown in Bellator. I personally can't wait to see Alvarez fight Pitbull, I think it's a great, close fight but I guarantee when it happens Alvarez comes in as at least a 3-1 favourite.

Post #7   4/3/11 1:22:40PM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:
Bellator has not yet put out a lackluster card this season, Saunders DESTROYED Lee in a brutal fight, Patricky KTFO Imada, Good Hawn was close, and Alvarez picked apart and dominated Curran.

I think Patricky is going to be a real dangerous fight for Alvarez granetd he beats the winner of Chandler/Woodard. Patricky is atleast a top 20 LW imo.

Post #8   4/3/11 1:32:34PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bloodhound

Bellator has not yet put out a lackluster card this season, Saunders DESTROYED Lee in a brutal fight, Patricky KTFO Imada, Good Hawn was close, and Alvarez picked apart and dominated Curran.

I think Patricky is going to be a real dangerous fight for Alvarez granetd he beats the winner of Chandler/Woodard. Patricky is atleast a top 20 LW imo.

Top 20 maybe and I'm being generous. Let him get a few more high profile wins and we'll see how large his stock grows. I love him as a fighter though, he's exciting and very well rounded. His true test will be a strong wrestler in Chandler (granted he can get past Woodard). If he fights Alvarez that fight has war written all over it.

I agree with you, Bellator has always put on great cards. Their heavyweight division is the only poor thing about them imo. I'm very interested in next season. I think Warren said he's going to go for the bantamweight title? That'd be really interesting.

Post #9   4/3/11 1:51:44PM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism
Top 20 maybe and I'm being generous. Let him get a few more high profile wins and we'll see how large his stock grows. I love him as a fighter though, he's exciting and very well rounded. His true test will be a strong wrestler in Chandler (granted he can get past Woodard). If he fights Alvarez that fight has war written all over it.

I agree with you, Bellator has always put on great cards. Their heavyweight division is the only poor thing about them imo. I'm very interested in next season. I think Warren said he's going to go for the bantamweight title? That'd be really interesting.

yea Warren said hes gonna make a move for the 135 title, not too mention at 145 you got Marlon Sandro & Ronnie Man plus Pat Curran maybe going down to 145. So if theres a 145 tournament next season it will be stacked

Post #10   4/3/11 5:16:39PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
First, I would like to say that I love Bellator and thoroughly enjoyed the fights last night. However, was anyone else pissed at the judging in the Good/Hawn fight? The last judge gave it 30-27 for Hawn. Did he really win all 3 rounds or am I missing something? I hate to ruin this thread with yet another discussion on judging controversy but I was really pissed at the judging in that fight as I had it 29-28 for Good.

Post #11   4/3/11 6:06:05PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bloodhound

Posted by Budgellism

yea Warren said hes gonna make a move for the 135 title, not too mention at 145 you got Marlon Sandro & Ronnie Man plus Pat Curran maybe going down to 145. So if theres a 145 tournament next season it will be stacked

Completely stacked. That'll be one hell of a tournament. I think Sandro has the goods to really take Warren down a few pegs.

Post #12   4/3/11 7:10:09PM