Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Paul Daley Looking to Strikeforce Title for Leverage in UFC Negotiations

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Simiroll

Learning to Sprawl

Simiroll Avatar

Career:7-4
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by DeadHead988

What Daley did was terrible and stupid, but Kos's actions throughout that fight were almost just as bad.

I'd really like you to expand on that, if you don't mind.

Faking the illegal knees, whispering taunts in his ear (reportedly racial slurs but not confirmed), and generally being a prick. For me, faking the illegal knee was just low, I hold that in the same regarded as greasing your body or plastering your hand wraps.

personally i wish daley had connected with kos...but thats more of me just hating kos lol

Post #16   4/1/11 7:14:51AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,475-856
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

What Daley did was terrible and stupid, but Kos's actions throughout that fight were almost just as bad. I for one, think Daley is an entertaining fighter and an absolute juggernaut in the cage. I understand if they don't take him back, but I would really like to see him return.

Yes I have always thought this as well.
Daley did sucker punch him,but I would rather be guilty of that than being Kos and capatilizing on the phantom knee.
And with all the rumors of what he whispered in Daleys ear,to be honest I can't blame Daley for it.

Then again with the way those 2 guys are with smack talk I think something like that was just begging to happen.

Last edited 4/1/11 7:32AM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #17   4/1/11 7:27:32AM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Career:48-23
Chips:
If UFC does pick up Daley for beating Nick Diaz, I dont think Daley could beat GSP or Shields.

Post #18   4/1/11 9:03:28AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TS92turbo

If UFC does pick up Daley for beating Nick Diaz, I dont think Daley could beat GSP or Shields.

That's a good point as well. Even if he gets past Diaz he's only got a punchers chance of taking out Shields or GSP. Sometimes that's all you need but if it wasn't enough against Ko's how could he deal with Shields or GSP unless his tdd has evolved leaps and bounds?

Post #19   4/1/11 11:56:25AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Diaz is one of my fav fighters to watch, but i hope he gets ktfo, after the brawl in the cage with Miller cause Daley has power and great strikes, compared to Diaz who is really well rounded
Diaz walked through Scott Smiths punches, and survived other times he was hit hard, but Daley is the best striker at ww- in my opinion, and standing with Daley is always a mistake. daley has to make weight, but I still think hes got a really good chance to beat Nick Diaz.

Also I think the chances of getting Daley to the ground are slim, Daley has good takedown defense in my opinion considering hes not a wrestler and Diaz isnt known for his takedowns

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #20   4/1/11 12:51:49PM   

otacon279

MMA Regular

otacon279 Avatar

Career:653-385
Chips:
this. ^

Last edited 4/1/11 2:51PM server time by otacon279
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   4/1/11 2:50:36PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
I can't quote everyone so I will just work from memory

I think what Daley did was pretty bad, but at the end of the day nobody was seriously hurt, he did deserve to be cut, i just don't know if he deserved the banned for life title. Dana does play favorites, we all saw babalu get the ax for holding onto a choke but we never saw anything happen to bj against pulver, people don't even mention that. I still think the punches thrown by rampage vs wanderlei was some of the dirtiest most unacceptable garbage (ill avoid the expletives) in ufc history but hardly anyone remembers that, majority of u will have to go rewatch the video to see what i'm talking about because it will never be remembered

I don't really care much for people's out of octagon incidents. I don't think anyone here would ever be released from their job because they have a dui or an assault charge. these guys can do what they want out of the octagon it is the laws job not dana's or roger goodells or any boss' job.

if daley thinks the title gives him leverage, look no further than nick diaz, the guy is on a tear but the ufc won't sign him because of a post-fight brawl with riggs.

Post #22   4/1/11 3:34:09PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Diaz is one of my fav fighters to watch, but i hope he gets ktfo, after the brawl in the cage with Miller cause Daley has power and great strikes, compared to Diaz who is really well rounded
Diaz walked through Scott Smiths punches, and survived other times he was hit hard, but Daley is the best striker at ww- in my opinion, and standing with Daley is always a mistake. daley has to make weight, but I still think hes got a really good chance to beat Nick Diaz.

Also I think the chances of getting Daley to the ground are slim, Daley has good takedown defense in my opinion considering hes not a wrestler and Diaz isnt known for his takedowns

This is what makes this fight so compelling. yes, if it goes to the ground Diaz will most likely win with a royal flush. However, the guys got so much pride he's probably going to engage Daley in a standup war and by the time he attempts to get the fight to the mat it may very well already be over.

Post #23   4/1/11 5:53:07PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
He threw a sucker punch after the fight plain and simple. With the WEC merger and the purchase of Strikeforce the ufc has more than enough talent. Why let fighters like that damage mma. Same could be said for the Diaz brothers, Melendez and who ever else was involved with the Miller incident. MMA has come a long way so why let guys like that tear down what you have worked very hard to build.

Post #24   4/1/11 8:19:39PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,868-1,068
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Strategy publicized is bad strategy

Post #25   4/1/11 11:26:06PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,732-1,514
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Again, I don't mean to justify Daley's actions: they were terrible. But Kos's knee bs was clear as daylights on the replays and Joe Rogan even pointed out on the live broadcast that he was holding the wrong eye when acting like he was hurt lol. Also, it is actually an established rule in the unified mma rules that fighters cannot use abusive language in the octagon. As for the alleged racial slurs, Kos is of mixed race and both being black didn't stop Anthony Johnson from referring to John Howard as a "cotton picker". I'm not trying to get into an argument or anything, I'm just trying to explain why I would like to see Daley fight again.

I'm well aware of the rule regarding abusive language. The problem is, it's something that never gets called out. I have a hard time holding trash talking against someone when nobody else pays the price for the same exact infraction. It happens all the time. Plus, who's to say that Daley wasn't talking back. Not to mention, what was said is pure speculation. We could talk all day about what was possibly said, but we don't know. At the end of the day, they both like to talk trash, so you get what you give.

For argument's sake, let's just say that Koscheck did completely fake the knee. He committed a foul in a sporting event where there was no physical harm as a result of said foul. That is a far cry from committing criminal assault. It seems that when people dislike a particular fighter, they are willing to compromise logic to justify an argument against them. I enjoy watching Daley fight as well, but there's no way to compare what they did...even slightly.

Post #26   4/2/11 1:53:32AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Daley is a moron for the late hit on koscheck, but kos had it coming.

Post #27   7/10/11 5:24:25PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2