Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Carlos Condit Would Fight Teammate Diego Sanchez Under the Right Circumstances

Print  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,924-1,132
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
As the time rapidly approaches when former teammates Jon Jones and Rashad Evans will square off for the UFC light heavyweight championship, the question about other top fighters training out of the Team Jackson camp facing one another continue to swirl.

One pairing that could be on a collision course one day is former WEC welterweight champion Carlos Condit and his teammate Diego Sanchez.

Condit is currently ranked in the Top 10 in the welterweight division, and with Sanchez’s recent win over Martin Kampmann, he isn’t trailing too far behind either.

Beyond just being teammates, Condit believes the hardest part of fighting someone you work with is figuring out how you’d train for each other.

“As far as teammates fighting each other, some different things arise like who’s going to train where for the fight? Are you guys still going to be at the same gym? Are you going to come in, in the morning? Is the other guy going to come in at night? It’s all something to be considered,” Condit said recently.

Condit is readying for a return to action after a knee injury forced him out of his scheduled fight at UFC 127 against Chris Lytle. While no date for his return has been set, Condit is likely to end up on one of the summer cards, possibly in June or July.

He returned home to New Mexico to train with Team Jackson, and Sanchez went back to his original camp as well after spending several years working in and around California.

While the pair of welterweights haven’t been asked to fight yet, Condit believes that if the right situation came about, he’d fight Sanchez, but not just for giggles.

“As far as fighting Diego, me and him are teammates and training partners. If it was a title fight, like a very, very big fight, we could put friendship and everything aside, and go scrap. But unless it’s something like that, we’d probably try to avoid it,” Condit stated.

Right now, both Condit and Sanchez are awaiting opponents, but they don’t seem to be in the position where the UFC would have to see them fight each other. But if both continue their climb towards the top of the division, it’s something that may happen sooner rather than later.

Link

Post #1   3/31/11 4:07:24PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I kinda forget that Condit trains with Team Jackson.

Post #2   3/31/11 4:09:47PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I don't like it. They won't fight unless it's a big fight? Does that mean title fights and maybe top contender fight? If you would fight for those chances, might as well just fight in general.

Post #3   3/31/11 4:52:42PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i still think condit vs penn would be a sweet fight

Post #4   3/31/11 5:53:59PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:516-343
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I don't see why they shouldn't throw down. They are both top WW fighters and a fight between them makes sense. They do train together and everything but at some point to better their career's they will have to compete against other teamates in the same division as them.

Post #5   3/31/11 8:05:56PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Seriously if I was a fighter Diego would be fair game...He left Jackson years ago and if I were there I wouldn't of wanted him back especially if I am in division...I would also look at it like a traitor...Even here in this forum...If a guy leaves your camp do you want him back if he decides its not greener elsewhere...

You have to be a total moron to leave a greg jackson camp period...rashad should have figured a way to stay..Hes one of my favorite fighters but the whole way this is going down...I lost a lot of respect for rashad...I woulda liked him to stay at Jackson and the loser leaves...Kinda Old West style..Loser leaves town..

Besides we all know Diego sucks adn got beat by Kampmann..Just cause he swings his arms at mostly air doesn't give you the win..and quite honestly if it were a street fight and Diego happened to sub Kampmann in a street fight in the end I would much rather be kampmann after the fight than diego..

Thats how judging should be done really..>At the end of the fight You write down one name of who you would rather be...Not well if there was another round this and that...I can't stand diego...all his Tony Robbins yes yes yes chants gets him no where...And he is the first guy to win a match by beating up the other guys hands with his face...

Post #6   4/8/11 12:36:35PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,031-638
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Seriously if I was a fighter Diego would be fair game...He left Jackson years ago and if I were there I wouldn't of wanted him back especially if I am in division...I would also look at it like a traitor...Even here in this forum...If a guy leaves your camp do you want him back if he decides its not greener elsewhere...

You have to be a total moron to leave a greg jackson camp period...rashad should have figured a way to stay..Hes one of my favorite fighters but the whole way this is going down...I lost a lot of respect for rashad...I woulda liked him to stay at Jackson and the loser leaves...Kinda Old West style..Loser leaves town..

Besides we all know Diego sucks adn got beat by Kampmann..Just cause he swings his arms at mostly air doesn't give you the win..and quite honestly if it were a street fight and Diego happened to sub Kampmann in a street fight in the end I would much rather be kampmann after the fight than diego..

Thats how judging should be done really..>At the end of the fight You write down one name of who you would rather be...Not well if there was another round this and that...I can't stand diego...all his Tony Robbins yes yes yes chants gets him no where...And he is the first guy to win a match by beating up the other guys hands with his face...

Well the point he returned is the fact it's TEAM Jackson. He trained there once and left to try and further his career no harm in that, when it didn't work out he can either try and plod on or admit his mistake and ask to come back. He asked Jackson said yes if the fighters don't like it they can always leave themselves.

And as for judging we all saw Kampmann win that fight but it's one of those things that if you put down who you want to be, the popular fighter is going to win even if he blatently lost the fight. There is no perfect way for judging you can just try to make it as good as possible.

Post #7   4/8/11 1:02:23PM