Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Report: Zuffa Not Intent On Signing Fedor to the UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,980-1,165
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Well it looks like Dana White is sending a message to fighters whose camps think they’re bigger than the UFC.

According to a report by LifeSports.ru, which cites “a source close to the fighter,” Zuffa has passed on a proposed deal with M-1 to sign the Russian management group’s biggest client, Fedor Emelianenko to a new UFC contract.

M-1's failed dealings with the UFC over the past few years have been well documented, which no doubt left a bad taste in White’s mouth and likely contributed to the UFC president’s decision to pass on locking in the former number one ranked pound-for-pound fighter.

The source from Fedor’s camp said that The Last Emperor’s back-to-back losses and the high salary demands led to the latest contract impasse with the UFC, who recently purchased Strikeforce.

Depending on how Emelianenko does in his next bout, the former PRIDE heavyweight champion may be reserved to finishing up the last three bouts on his current Strikeforce deal without ever setting foot in the UFC Octagon.

To clarify, Fedor still has a deal in place that was signed in Janary to ensure his participation in the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix, but it’s rumored that the UFC has already begun renegotiating new contracts with fighters in place of the promotion’s deals they had with fighters before the buyout.

Link

Post #1   3/31/11 3:55:49PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:
Just sign him already, I understood it before but if M-1 is not asking for co-promotion get him signed, he may be past his prime, but get him in the octagon!!!

Post #2   4/1/11 12:17:40PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Maybe I'm in the minority at this point, but i'd still really like to see Fedor fight Randy. Yeah it's a little late, but so was the Chuck vs. Wandy fight and that was a great fight.

Post #3   4/1/11 12:37:00PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Maybe I'm in the minority at this point, but i'd still really like to see Fedor fight Randy. Yeah it's a little late, but so was the Chuck vs. Wandy fight and that was a great fight.

I have a similiar wish that might still be a good fight but only because they are both falling awa, CroCop vs Fedor II

Post #4   4/1/11 12:38:21PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by cowcatcher

I have a similiar wish that might still be a good fight but only because they are both falling awa, CroCop vs Fedor II

I actually mentioned that in another thread. Since CC got cut by the UFC, why doesn't SF sign him for a fight with Fedor since Fedor has fights left and is out of the tourney?

Post #5   4/1/11 12:43:47PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by McBee

Posted by cowcatcher

I actually mentioned that in another thread. Since CC got cut by the UFC, why doesn't SF sign him for a fight with Fedor since Fedor has fights left and is out of the tourney?

they are both LHW fighting HW so it would still be a great great and just name recognition would make it premiere

Post #6   4/1/11 12:45:16PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by McBee

Posted by cowcatcher

they are both LHW fighting HW so it would still be a great great and just name recognition would make it premiere

You *could* just run Cro Cop over with your car to get the same result.

Post #7   4/1/11 1:03:15PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

You *could* just run Cro Cop over with your car to get the same result.

damn!! probably right, I just want Fedor to look good again, how the hell did he lose to Curtiba the Giant?!

Post #8   4/1/11 1:06:59PM