Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

M-1 Global Denies Fedor Emelianenko Cut From Strikeforce Contract

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Earlier today a rumor spread through the MMA community that Russian legend Fedor Emelianenko had been cut from his Strikeforce contract. The move would have likely ended Emelianenko's career on the sport's largest stage.The Russian website LifeSports.ru reported the news this morning saying:

Business owners UFC and Strikeforce have refused to renew the contract with the world champion in MMA heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko.

LINK

Post #1   3/31/11 3:19:49PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,212
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
hmm...to avoid UFC fighters?

either fedor is scared...which i dont think, but i think his management is scared and makes ALLLL his decisions.

to me he comes across as a guy who just goes in and fights who his management says to fight...he doesnt care

but i could be 10000% wrong..i dont know

Post #2   3/31/11 4:29:10PM   

Simiroll

Learning to Sprawl

Simiroll Avatar

Career:7-4
Chips:
any other links that would support this rumor? according to Coker, Fedor will be fighting in the summer time. here's another article that speculates about the rumor but also quotes Coker towards the bottom where he says Fedor's contract will still be honored.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/31/2083059/fedor-cut-by-zuffa-m-1-rep-says-nyet-slams-russian-tabloid-for

Post #3   4/1/11 7:11:07AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,462-848
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

hmm...to avoid UFC fighters?

either fedor is scared...which i dont think, but i think his management is scared and makes ALLLL his decisions.

to me he comes across as a guy who just goes in and fights who his management says to fight...he doesnt care

but i could be 10000% wrong..i dont know

According to the article,the rumor was Zuffa and SF cut him. Not M1 bowing out of his contract. Which would be the ultimate jackass move by Zuffa but in truth it would just be giving M1 a taste of their own medicine.Which in some aspects would be quiet funny.

Post #4   4/1/11 7:34:56AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
The UFC doesnt own M-1 so they are competition, and I am sure the UFC wants out of the combined promos for Fedors fight with SF and M-1. It would make sense to cut Fedor and resign him under a new contract that excludes M-1, but im sure it wont be that easy to get Fedor to fight again without M-1, because they make all his decisions apparently. Even though Fedor lost 2 times, he should keep fighting, he not that old and he is still an exciting fighter, and has some demand still among Pride fans, he just needs to get in better shape and fight at 205 or in catchweight fights w/fighters his own size, he has been a small heavyweight for a while, and now the super heavyweight fighters have caught up on speed and talent

Post #5   4/1/11 1:13:03PM