Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Finally TUF 13 is here!

Print  
Posted By Message

SpicyMeatball

Learning to Sprawl

SpicyMeatball Avatar

Career:60-36
Chips:

Dang guys, it feels like its been a year since TUF has been on, very happy to have it back. I was starting to go through withdrawals.

Also, hopefully TUF 14 will be all Heavyweights, only this time they should fight to get on the show.

Post #1   3/30/11 7:20:33AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
TUF 14 is bantamweights and featherweights.... Sorry to break the news too you!

Heres the tryout video... LINK

Last edited 3/30/11 7:24AM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #2   3/30/11 7:22:39AM   

SpicyMeatball

Learning to Sprawl

SpicyMeatball Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jjeans

TUF 14 is bantamweights and featherweights.... Sorry to break the news too you!

Heres the tryout video... LINK

Thanks for breaking the bad news, haha. I guess I can live with that. UFC certainly needs to deepen those two divisions. So hopefully TUF 15 will be all Heayvweights.

Post #3   3/30/11 7:36:34AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by SpicyMeatball

Thanks for breaking the bad news, haha. I guess I can live with that. UFC certainly needs to deepen those two divisions. So hopefully TUF 15 will be all Heayvweights.

Even if that's the case, the cast would likely be a bunch of 210-230 pound guys who will drop to LHW after the show. The talent just isn't out there when it comes to the big men.

I think the UFC would be best suited to absorb Strikeforce's HW division, personally.

Post #4   3/30/11 8:37:00AM   

SpicyMeatball

Learning to Sprawl

SpicyMeatball Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SpicyMeatball

Even if that's the case, the cast would likely be a bunch of 210-230 pound guys who will drop to LHW after the show. The talent just isn't out there when it comes to the big men.

I think the UFC would be best suited to absorb Strikeforce's HW division, personally.

At least we got three solid fighters from season 10. Brendan Schaub, Roy Nelson, and Matt Mitrione. Even if another season will only produce another small handful, its something. Right now guys like Frank Mir, Shane Carwin, and Big Nog aren't getting any younger, and Cro Cop might be done for good. The good thing is that I think guys like Overeem and Bigfoot will eventually migrate over to the UFC once their respective contracts are up.

Post #5   3/30/11 8:41:16AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,445-1,303
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I am glad another season is starting

Post #6   3/30/11 9:12:47AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This should be an interesting season. I'm wondering if Brock can win over some fans by being on the show, he's so polarizing that maybe this will be a good thing for him and sway some folk's opinions of him. I'm really kind of bitter heading into it that Stanky won't be one of JDS's coaches, that guy should be a permanent fixture on the show.

Post #7   3/30/11 9:16:13AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Stanky won't be one of JDS's coaches, that guy should be a permanent fixture on the show.

Agreed. Screw Mike Rowe. We want Stanky!

Post #8   3/30/11 9:28:02AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Really looking forward to tonight. And seeing some new fighters scrap.

Post #9   3/30/11 12:30:03PM   

Scamrock

Learning to Sprawl

Scamrock Avatar

Career:17-11
Chips:

Posted by SpicyMeatball

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SpicyMeatball

At least we got three solid fighters from season 10. Brendan Schaub, Roy Nelson, and Matt Mitrione. Even if another season will only produce another small handful, its something. Right now guys like Frank Mir, Shane Carwin, and Big Nog aren't getting any younger, and Cro Cop might be done for good. The good thing is that I think guys like Overeem and Bigfoot will eventually migrate over to the UFC once their respective contracts are up.

I agree. We did get some decent guys from TUF 10, and they weren't even really prospects. We had Kimbo, for obvious reasons (and to see how good he really was), Nelson, who should have been in UFC without needing to go on TUF (especially if they decided to bring Tuchscherer from the tryouts straight to the UFC), then you had guys who already couldn't make it in the UFC (like Junk and Sims). Then you had the former football players, who surprisingly have done the best (Jones on the show, Schaub and Mitrione since the show). There were still some prospects like Wren, Madsen, Wagner, McSweeney, etc. But none of them have really panned out.

It was largely a gimmick/novelty season that surprisingly panned out.

I'd like to see another, but less gimmicky. No Wes Sims types. Though i wouldn't mind seeing somebody like Neil Grove get another shot. No Kimbo types. Former NFL guys are welcome, but not several for a "former NFL" gimmick like last time.

What I would like to see is about 7 no names to maybe find some hidden gems, then about 7 bigger name mid tier prospects/minor league veterans (think Roy Nelson, but smaller scale, no pun intended). Some Tony Johnson, Ron Sparks, Chris Barnett, or even Tony Lopez types. The kind of guys you might see in a Bellator tournament. Grabowski, Lloret, Linderman, etc.

If there were going to be any gimmicks at all, I'd want it to be something like making Todd Duffee earn his way back by actually having to fight for a change.

Post #10   3/30/11 5:40:05PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Actually I am looking forward to this and next season the smaller guys always bring it and really are never stale or cardio problems....I am looking forward to Brock because hes always entertaining and Dos Santos strikes me as sloth from the Goonies..

Post #11   3/30/11 9:16:04PM   

DARRYL_Ledonne

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Start your meal with appetizers

Post #12   3/31/11 8:56:17AM