Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Prior to Bellator 38, Richard Hale never even practiced an inverted triangle

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Richard Hale drilled for months and months on the inverted-triangle choke, set up a game plan to use it, and then executed with precision the submission hold to put Nike Fekete to sleep this past Saturday at Bellator 38.

Actually, that's a lie. He saw the move the night before weigh-ins on YouTube and thought it would be cool to give it a go. (Watch Hale's inverted-triangle choke.)

"I've never even thrown an inverted triangle before," Hale (16-3 MMA, 1-0 BFC) today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

Ironically, he's now in the company of the fighter he scoped that night, Toby Imada, as the video clip of his stunning submission makes Internet rounds.

To top it off, he gets a ticket to the semifinals of Bellator's season-four light heavyweight tournament, where he'll meet D.J. Linderman at Bellator 42.

LINK

Post #1   3/28/11 4:28:08PM   

SpicyMeatball

Learning to Sprawl

SpicyMeatball Avatar

Career:60-36
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Richard Hale drilled for months and months on the inverted-triangle choke, set up a game plan to use it, and then executed with precision the submission hold to put Nike Fekete to sleep this past Saturday at Bellator 38.

Actually, that's a lie. He saw the move the night before weigh-ins on YouTube and thought it would be cool to give it a go. (Watch Hale's inverted-triangle choke.)

"I've never even thrown an inverted triangle before," Hale (16-3 MMA, 1-0 BFC) today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

Ironically, he's now in the company of the fighter he scoped that night, Toby Imada, as the video clip of his stunning submission makes Internet rounds.

To top it off, he gets a ticket to the semifinals of Bellator's season-four light heavyweight tournament, where he'll meet D.J. Linderman at Bellator 42.

LINK

I just started watching Bellator, since their move to MTV2. I love their tournament format. I'm also looking forward to getting my first glimpse of Eddie Alvarez this weekend.

Post #2   3/28/11 4:34:11PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by SpicyMeatball

Posted by FastKnockout

LINK

I just started watching Bellator, since their move to MTV2. I love their tournament format. I'm also looking forward to getting my first glimpse of Eddie Alvarez this weekend.

I started watching Bellator last year and fell in love with it. I really enjoy the tournament style fighting, and so far they haven't disappointed me. Last year they not only had a candidate for Knockout Of The Year, but Submission Of The Year as well (Which happened to be Toby Imada's inverted triangle.) I hope you enjoy seeing Alvarez fight. He's one of my favorite Lightweights and I hope sometime in the near future he will make his way to the UFC.

Last edited 3/28/11 5:03PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   3/28/11 5:02:51PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,546-1,579
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Bellator is honestly my favorite organization, at least the format is. I love that I get a free fight card every week. I hope they can stay profitable.

Post #4   3/28/11 5:31:43PM   

DANZANRYUGUY

MMA Regular

DANZANRYUGUY Avatar

Career:1,468-1,123
Camp: Mountain Storm Combat Club
Chips:
i used to dvr it off the spanish channel. im really glad mtv2 picked it up. theres been some pretty good fights in bellator.

Post #5   3/28/11 5:41:32PM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Career:48-23
Chips:
VIVA BELLATOR!!

Post #6   3/28/11 9:01:44PM