Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Prior to Bellator 38, Richard Hale never even practiced an inverted triangle

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Richard Hale drilled for months and months on the inverted-triangle choke, set up a game plan to use it, and then executed with precision the submission hold to put Nike Fekete to sleep this past Saturday at Bellator 38.

Actually, that's a lie. He saw the move the night before weigh-ins on YouTube and thought it would be cool to give it a go. (Watch Hale's inverted-triangle choke.)

"I've never even thrown an inverted triangle before," Hale (16-3 MMA, 1-0 BFC) today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

Ironically, he's now in the company of the fighter he scoped that night, Toby Imada, as the video clip of his stunning submission makes Internet rounds.

To top it off, he gets a ticket to the semifinals of Bellator's season-four light heavyweight tournament, where he'll meet D.J. Linderman at Bellator 42.

LINK

Post #1   3/28/11 4:28:08PM   

SpicyMeatball

Learning to Sprawl

SpicyMeatball Avatar

Career:60-36
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Richard Hale drilled for months and months on the inverted-triangle choke, set up a game plan to use it, and then executed with precision the submission hold to put Nike Fekete to sleep this past Saturday at Bellator 38.

Actually, that's a lie. He saw the move the night before weigh-ins on YouTube and thought it would be cool to give it a go. (Watch Hale's inverted-triangle choke.)

"I've never even thrown an inverted triangle before," Hale (16-3 MMA, 1-0 BFC) today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

Ironically, he's now in the company of the fighter he scoped that night, Toby Imada, as the video clip of his stunning submission makes Internet rounds.

To top it off, he gets a ticket to the semifinals of Bellator's season-four light heavyweight tournament, where he'll meet D.J. Linderman at Bellator 42.

LINK

I just started watching Bellator, since their move to MTV2. I love their tournament format. I'm also looking forward to getting my first glimpse of Eddie Alvarez this weekend.

Post #2   3/28/11 4:34:11PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by SpicyMeatball

Posted by FastKnockout

LINK

I just started watching Bellator, since their move to MTV2. I love their tournament format. I'm also looking forward to getting my first glimpse of Eddie Alvarez this weekend.

I started watching Bellator last year and fell in love with it. I really enjoy the tournament style fighting, and so far they haven't disappointed me. Last year they not only had a candidate for Knockout Of The Year, but Submission Of The Year as well (Which happened to be Toby Imada's inverted triangle.) I hope you enjoy seeing Alvarez fight. He's one of my favorite Lightweights and I hope sometime in the near future he will make his way to the UFC.

Last edited 3/28/11 5:03PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   3/28/11 5:02:51PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,585-1,609
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Bellator is honestly my favorite organization, at least the format is. I love that I get a free fight card every week. I hope they can stay profitable.

Post #4   3/28/11 5:31:43PM   

DANZANRYUGUY

MMA Regular

DANZANRYUGUY Avatar

Career:1,490-1,138
Camp: Mountain Storm Combat Club
Chips:
i used to dvr it off the spanish channel. im really glad mtv2 picked it up. theres been some pretty good fights in bellator.

Post #5   3/28/11 5:41:32PM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Career:48-23
Chips:
VIVA BELLATOR!!

Post #6   3/28/11 9:01:44PM