Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anthony Johnson Hates John Howard, Would Gladly Accept Chance to Beat Him Up

Print  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,878-1,108
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Anthony “Rumble” Johnson did what he had to do to get a win on Saturday night in Seattle at UFC Fight Night 24: Nogueira vs. Davis. Through three rounds, he wrestled his way to a win, getting the decision nod over Dan Hardy in their co-main event match-up.

The fight was Johnson’s first since December of 2009. The 16 months Johnson spent away from fighting was more than enough time to survey the UFC’s welterweight division. Now, having come off a win in the organization’s first trip to the Emerald City, “Rumble” is able to wait and see who the UFC will pair him with next.

When asked who he’d like to take on in his next trip to the Octagon, Johnson explained that the division is deep enough to make his choice of opponent difficult, but one name sticks out to him.

“The welterweight division is so stacked that if you call out one person, you got to call everybody out,” Johnson said shortly after his UFC Fight Night win. “There’s only one person who I really hate – John Howard.”

Johnson made it clear that he detests Howard, but doesn’t feel “Doomsday” is capable of dealing with a “rumble” after getting dealt with by Thiago Alves so efficiently.

“But he got beat up by Thiago, so he ain’t ready for me yet,” he said. “So, we’ll see. Whoever they give me I guess I just have to be ready for it.”

If given the opportunity, however, Johnson would accept a fight with Howard in a heartbeat. When asked how he would feel if the UFC granted him the opportunity to fight him, Johnson explained it would be perfectly okay with him.

“That’s fine, I’ll beat him up,” he said.

And why does Anthony Johnson want to beat up John Howard? The answer is simple – he feels Howard is a coward.

“He’s a (expletive),” he said.

Link

Post #1   3/28/11 2:24:23PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I've been wanting to see this fight since the feud started. But at the current moment, the fight would do nothing for Johnson. If Howard manages to beat him, that would have a huge negative impact on Johnson's current ranking. If I was Johnson, I wouldn't take the chance. Just too big a risk.

Post #2   3/28/11 2:28:37PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I've been wanting to see this fight since the feud started. But at the current moment, the fight would do nothing for Johnson. If Howard manages to beat him, that would have a huge negative impact on Johnson's current ranking. If I was Johnson, I wouldn't take the chance. Just too big a risk.

I would agree with you, but at the same time, would love to see this fight. Howard is exciting to watch and I think has the tools to beat Johnson.

Post #3   3/28/11 2:59:03PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I am shocked the fight hasn't happened yet
This needs to happen. Maybe in june versus or philly card in aug

Post #4   3/28/11 4:06:15PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,370-793
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
It would be a good fight, but I think Rumble would dominate and risk losing like Cung Le lost to Scott Smith, too much risk.

Post #5   3/28/11 7:36:34PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
idk who id pick. maybe johnson with the superior wrestling. or maybe howard with the cleaner standup. i think howard has better cardio too. and howard is prolly a lot tougher

Post #6   3/28/11 8:25:19PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

It would be a good fight, but I think Rumble would dominate and risk losing like Cung Le lost to Scott Smith, too much risk.

LOL, funny since Rumble trains with Cung.

Last edited 3/28/11 8:48PM server time by sclasclemski
Edit note/reason: can't spell

Post #7   3/28/11 8:48:15PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i don't know every time this fight starts coming together johnson gets hurt i think rumble wins it easier than some think

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #8   3/29/11 10:31:42AM