Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dan Hardy Calls Out Chris Lytle

Print  
Who wins?
Dan Hardy 10 26%
Chris Lytle 29 74%
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"Feeling very frustrated today. No excuses, sometimes you just dont win. I hate having boring fights though.

I want to fight again. I feel like Ive been robbed of the reward at the end of training camp.

An oldschool shootout with a guy that wants to throw down. Screw the rankings, records are for DJs.

Win in a blaze of glory or go out on my shield. Someone like Mr Lytle..."

LINK

Sounds to me like Hardy can't handle the wrestlers and doesn't want to anymore. What do you think Playground? Would that be a good fight? And who wins?

Post #1   3/28/11 7:37:29AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
That would be a sick fight and definitely would be a war just thinking of this potential matchup has me jumping up and down

Post #2   3/28/11 7:50:54AM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,916-1,025
Chips:
I like this fight forboth fighters. Lytle would openly admit he's to old to have to climb the ladder all over again a win over dan would recapture alot of the momentum he lost to ebersole and put him right back in poison to make a run for the belt. Though I don't think he's in a position to be calling out opponents hardy would have to beat chris in order to retain his job and the match up seems destined for fire works.

Post #3   3/28/11 8:50:10AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Hardy needs this fight. A guy that will stand and trade. After that lay and pray nonsense by Anthony "Lay n' pray" Johnson, I'm excited for Hardy to get back in the octagon.

Post #4   3/28/11 9:01:09AM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Hardy needs this fight. A guy that will stand and trade. After that lay and pray nonsense by Anthony "Lay n' pray" Johnson, I'm excited for Hardy to get back in the octagon.

A head kick from Johnson put Hardy on rubber legs. I don't think its accurate to label that fight as a "lay n pray decision" Johnson dictated how that fight played out. if hardy is salty because he couldn't stand and bang maybe he should work more on his TDD. just my thoughts.

Post #5   3/28/11 9:31:03AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by papercut

A head kick from Johnson put Hardy on rubber legs. I don't think its accurate to label that fight as a "lay n pray decision" Johnson dictated how that fight played out. if hardy is salty because he couldn't stand and bang maybe he should work more on his TDD. just my thoughts.

I highly doubt he didn't train takedown defense for this (or any) fight. The fact is, Johnson outweighs him by two weight classes and is a JuCo. national champ. He wasn't going to keep that fight on the feet, period, no matter how much he trained his takedown defense for the fight.

EDIT: And the thoughts of a Lytle/Hardy matchup is exciting. Two of my favorite fighters in a (pretty much) guaranteed slugfest? Awesome.

Last edited 3/28/11 9:36AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   3/28/11 9:35:01AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,985-1,102
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'd like to see this fight happen, cause im a fan of a good fight...but what a stupid call out by hardy... Like come one. After his last fight with ebersole Lytle publicly stated that he might be thinking about retiring cause he had a serious injury he was trying to get healthy from. To me this is kind of a pointless "i just lost a fight so i need to call someone out to feel better" move.

Post #7   3/28/11 9:55:52AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,462-848
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by papercut

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Post #8   3/28/11 10:23:01AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
This fight would be awesome, to sluggers going at it. I like this fight a lot.

Post #9   3/28/11 10:29:33AM   

jimmyinfamous

Learning to Sprawl

jimmyinfamous Avatar

Career:238-175
Camp: Ruke Dufous Pillagers
Chips:
Hardy was a fool for thinking that Rumble wouldn't further expose his TDD. Yeah, Rumble did say all the things to hype the fight and make Hardy think he'd actually stand and bang with him and Rumble did turn it into a non crowd-pleasing affair (minus the head kick), but he got the W.

Hardy doesn't have the right to call out a fighter (especially after 3 losses in a row) and you know that the UFC will give him either a weak opponent that Hardy can walk through, or else someone that doesn't ever take people down and just dukes it out. Hardy vs. Lytle would be an entertaining fight, but whoever has the loss in that fight matters more than whoever wins that one.

Post #10   3/28/11 10:45:55AM   

DANZANRYUGUY

MMA Regular

DANZANRYUGUY Avatar

Career:1,479-1,128
Camp: Mountain Storm Combat Club
Chips:
this would be a great fight. They'd bang for a bit but Lytle would eventually get him down. Hardy really needs to work on the TD defense and keep the fight standing if he wants to win this one, most likley by Dec. cuz Lytle's tough, i don't see him getting K.O.'d this is his fight if it happens. I say Lytle by bloody Dec.

Post #11   3/28/11 10:46:52AM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,861-997
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Anthony Johnson should be called " Lay and Pray " because he utilized wrestling in a mixed martial arts fight? I seen a MMA fighter exploiting an obvious weakness in his one dimensional opponent.

Hardy vs Lytle? Lytle, because Chris Lytle can take Hardy down at will because he's a well rounded MMA fighter and not a one dimensional Fox Sports Tough Man striker.

Post #12   3/28/11 10:48:37AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by papercut

I highly doubt he didn't train takedown defense for this (or any) fight. The fact is, Johnson outweighs him by two weight classes and is a JuCo. national champ. He wasn't going to keep that fight on the feet, period, no matter how much he trained his takedown defense for the fight.

EDIT: And the thoughts of a Lytle/Hardy matchup is exciting. Two of my favorite fighters in a (pretty much) guaranteed slugfest? Awesome.

I agree with what both of you said. I don't think Hardy could have kept that fight on his feet if his life depended on it. He showed moments of great TDD but it wasn't nearly enough. But the head kick is what set the tone of this fight. I think it shocked Hardy more than anything. This fight wasn't a lay and prey decision in my opinion...

I'm also pretty surprised at the poll results to this point. I'm the only one who picked Hardy and I don't even like him, in fact Lytle is in my top 5 favourite fighters. I would think that Hardy would take a decision in this fight. Maybe it's just me.

Last edited 3/28/11 10:51AM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   3/28/11 10:49:27AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,703-1,488
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Lesnar1

That would be a sick fight and definitely would be a war just thinking of this potential matchup has me jumping up and down

Post #14   3/28/11 10:56:55AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
As someone else has already mentioned Lytle is pondering retirment. I think Ludwig would be a good option for Hardy's next fight and would give him the type of fight he wants. If Matt Brown is still around too that wouldn't be a bad option and a loser leave match with both of them with a string of losses.

Post #15   3/28/11 11:15:24AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3