Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chan Sung Jung's next opponent?

Print  
Posted By Message

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Career:48-23
Chips:
Chan Sung Jung had a very impressive win over Leonard Garcia with the first Twister Submission in UFC History. My question is,

Whats next for the Korean Zombie?

I want him to have 1 or 2 more fights, and if he wins these, he should challenge the winner of Aldo and Hominick.

I would love to see a Garcia vs Sung Jung 3 though

MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!

Last edited 3/27/11 11:50PM server time by TS92turbo
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/27/11 11:49:38PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by TS92turbo

Chan Sung Jung had a very impressive win over Leonard Garcia with the first Twister Submission in UFC History. My question is,

Whats next for the Korean Zombie?

I want him to have 1 or 2 more fights, and if he wins these, he should challenge the winner of Aldo and Hominick.

I would love to see a Garcia vs Sung Jung 3 though

MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!

Woah, slow down there champ. Jung would get absolutely get destroyed by Aldo and would be a large underdog to Hominick in my opinion. The guy got ktfo by Roop and lost to and beat a largely overrated Garcia. Yes, the submission was fantastic and so were all three of those fights but Jung is no where near a title shot.

I would like to see him fight McDonald next to be honest. It makes a lot of sense right now. And I would like to see Garcia fight Figueroa. Both incredible fights that make sense.

Post #2   3/28/11 12:03:01AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I would like to see him fight McDonald next to be honest. It makes a lot of sense right now. And I would like to see Garcia fight Figueroa. Both incredible fights that make sense.

Both of those guys fight at 135, McDonald and Figueroa.

I could see Jung facing Cub Swanson, Nam Phan, Franciso Rivera or a new comer, but I doubt they put him against some of the up and comers like Eric Koch or Zhang.

Last edited 3/28/11 1:40AM server time by twenty20dollars

Post #3   3/28/11 1:40:13AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
I think Sung Jung should face either Manny Gamburyan or Mark Hominick. Both these fights would be explosive.

Post #4   3/28/11 3:23:00AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by Budgellism

Both of those guys fight at 135, McDonald and Figueroa.

I could see Jung facing Cub Swanson, Nam Phan, Franciso Rivera or a new comer, but I doubt they put him against some of the up and comers like Eric Koch or Zhang.

Wow, sorry guys, I look dumb. I was pretty high at the time but I usually am so that's not much of an excuse. In that case put him in there with Koch maybe? Both are coming off of two very impressive wins. As far as Garcia goes I don't know then. Nothing really comes to mind. I still feel the same way about Jung though. 3 or 4 more wins if he can get them.

Post #5   3/28/11 7:27:48AM   

jimmyinfamous

Learning to Sprawl

jimmyinfamous Avatar

Career:238-175
Camp: Ruke Dufous Pillagers
Chips:
Since it was originally supposed to Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia II, and seeing that Garcia just lost to Korean Zombie, they should do Phan vs. Korean Zombie.

Post #6   3/28/11 3:00:40PM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jimmyinfamous

Since it was originally supposed to Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia II, and seeing that Garcia just lost to Korean Zombie, they should do Phan vs. Korean Zombie.

Personally, I'd like to see Phan get his rematch against Garcia. He should've gotten the nod the first time around but got bent over by the judges.

The UFC needs to take their time with Jung. The dude is very marketable...

I say put him in against Cub Swanson or Semerzier.

Last edited 3/28/11 3:26PM server time by emfleek

Post #7   3/28/11 3:22:23PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by jimmyinfamous

Personally, I'd like to see Phan get his rematch against Garcia. He should've gotten the nod the first time around but got bent over by the judges.

The UFC needs to take their time with Jung. The dude is very marketable...

I say put him in against Cub Swanson or Semerzier.

I would agree with Korean Zombie vs. Cub.
Would be a good match.

Post #8   3/28/11 4:13:21PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I say cub swanson or mongalian wolf !!!

Post #9   3/28/11 4:16:32PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Hey, I like that Mongolian Wolf idea, I'm interested in both of them stepping up at a slower pace, and it would be a good test for both.

Post #10   3/28/11 7:26:01PM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Career:48-23
Chips:
Basically, what I meant to say up in the thread, was that if Sung Jung fights 2 more guys, and wins, he should fight a top 10 fighter, if he beats that top 10 fighter, he should get a #1 contender shot, and if he wins......

ZOMBIE vs ALDO. If Zombie wins those fights, he could definitely compete at Aldo's level.

Hopefully Sung Jung will get to that level.

Post #11   3/28/11 8:09:29PM