Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

has Jones' challenge broken the UFC honor code?

Print  
who is betraying who?
Jones is betraying Rashad 3 3%
Rashad is betraying Jones 3 3%
Jackson is betraying Rashad 12 10%
Jackson is betraying Jones 1 1%
Jackson is betraying both 2 2%
no one is, they need to get over it this is a sport! 98 82%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by GSPCanada

no, I think Greg Jackson broke the honour code by saying he wouldn't corner rashad. I have no problem with teammates fighting each other, as long as the junior (in terms of time spent at the gym, not age or time spent in the octagon) is asked to leave the gym and train elsewhere for at least that training camp

I disagree. How is there seniority in a gym that you PAY to be a part of? This isn't a dojo, it's a professional training facility, and if Evans has a problem, he can take his money elsewhere.

Last edited 3/26/11 5:23PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   3/26/11 5:22:14PM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by GSPCanada

no, I think Greg Jackson broke the honour code by saying he wouldn't corner rashad. I have no problem with teammates fighting each other, as long as the junior (in terms of time spent at the gym, not age or time spent in the octagon) is asked to leave the gym and train elsewhere for at least that training camp

I disagree. How is there seniority in a gym that you PAY to be a part of? This isn't a dojo, it's a professional training facility, and if Evans has a problem, he can take his money elsewhere.

^^ Agree This is what Rashad is doing, I think Jones was out of line for saying he would fight Rashad, the camp has a known agreement.
with that being said I think Jackson is the problem, if you are going to implement a rule where there not supposed to fight each other, you need to make it clear that new fighters will have to leave the camp if they want to fight senior fighters.

Post #17   3/27/11 10:40:35AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2