Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor still top HW in your eyes...???

Print  
Fedor top HW in the world?
Yes...He is for sure the best 61 81%
No....He is not the best 8 11%
Dont know...Untested 6 8%
  Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
We'll also see how elbows effect his game. With his track record for cutting.... idk, things could change.

Post #61   4/29/07 11:04:42PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

fedor is by far not unbeatable....wrestlers have shown they can dominate him and put him on his back. the problem is there submission defense is relatively nonexistant(ie randleman, coleman,etc...). A guy like couture who is also very well rounded with better wrestling than fedor could very well be the guy to turn the lights out for emelianenko. on the other side of the scale. arlovski's sambo is better imo. arlovski just likes to stand up in his fights. all it would take is one of fedors punches to miss or be caught from in arlovski's guard and here comes the armbar. gonzaga i dont think would have a chance. he didnt dominate the standup between him and crocop, he just pressed the action. fedor would come out and a barrage of hooks would ko gonzaga fairly quickly...

another question....if he is so dominant in the heavies shouldnt he come down to 205 for more top level fighters? he has weight he can lose fairly easy. just my thoughts. i would love to see henderson/fedor at 205....

How in the hell is Arlovski's Sambo skills better than Fedors? There is nothing to prove this. Arlovski is a JR. World Champion. Fedor is a multiple world champ at Combat Sambo and normal sambo. Furthermore, fedor has much more wins by submission, the last time arlovski submitted someone was years ago against tim Sylvia.

Post #62   4/30/07 1:51:59AM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:

Posted by Mv356

Stupid People will say: Untested? He has fought good strikers (Mirko) Good Grapplers (Nog) and good wrestlers (Randle).

Uhh okay, but it's MMA... he is fighting one dimensional people. Fedor can strike, he can wrestle, he can hold his own on the ground. Being well versed and a natural athlete is all you need to dominate over at pride.

Truth hurts

Thanks for the "TRUTH" Mv356! Could you also tell me what the meaning of life is?

Post #63   4/30/07 5:49:44AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by kerazzle

How in the hell is Arlovski's Sambo skills better than Fedors? There is nothing to prove this. Arlovski is a JR. World Champion. Fedor is a multiple world champ at Combat Sambo and normal sambo. Furthermore, fedor has much more wins by submission, the last time arlovski submitted someone was years ago against tim Sylvia.

did you not read?! arlovski likes to kickbox....his sambo is his best attribute but he only uses that if he knocks you down.when do you see arlovksi get handled on the ground? you dont...

ps....submissions to wrestlers and strikers is not nearly as great as submitting world class BJJ/JJ/Sambo practioner. if this fight happens ill bet all my money to all yours....

Post #64   4/30/07 5:52:48PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Mv356

Stupid People will say: Untested? He has fought good strikers (Mirko) Good Grapplers (Nog) and good wrestlers (Randle).

Uhh okay, but it's MMA... he is fighting one dimensional people. Fedor can strike, he can wrestle, he can hold his own on the ground. Being well versed and a natural athlete is all you need to dominate over at pride.

Truth hurts

yeah, i mean its not like big nog is on the national boxing team or anything..
all he can do is grapple.

Post #65   4/30/07 5:55:26PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Mv356

Truth hurts

I would like to hear your example of a "Tested" fighter then? And further more a fighter you would considered well-tested and the best P4P...

And what did you mean by "over at Pride"?

Post #66   4/30/07 5:59:23PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Mv356

Truth hurts

yeah, i mean its not like big nog is on the national boxing team or anything..
all he can do is grapple.

Very true, ppl underestimate how well rounded Big Nog is. HE has great hands. His bjj is solid the only thing is his TD defense which is weak because he really doesnt care if he's on his back.

Post #67   4/30/07 6:36:39PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
FEDOR is amazingly tough. It looks like he gets cut easy tho. I watched Matt Linland and him fight, and the first punch thrown Fedor was bleeding already. But then after that Fedor dominated.

Post #68   4/30/07 6:43:55PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

FEDOR is amazingly tough. It looks like he gets cut easy tho. I watched Matt Linland and him fight, and the first punch thrown Fedor was bleeding already. But then after that Fedor dominated.

True but the reason why he bled that badly is because Lindland punched him right on that spot where he got cut vs. Nog. His skin will always be really weak at that particular spot. Otherwise i dont think he cuts as badly as everyone thinks he does. Also I doubt theat they would've given a victory to Lindland via Cut stoppage.....especially in russia infront of the President.

Last edited 4/30/07 6:51PM server time by kerazzle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #69   4/30/07 6:50:50PM   

Sopena66669

MMA Regular

Career:30-7
Chips:
I dont think that there is anyone out there right now that will be able to beat fedor im not saying its impossible but i honestly cannot see it happening anytime soon

Post #70   5/1/07 12:49:01PM   

Junior24

MMA Regular

Junior24 Avatar

Career:168-143
Camp: FightClub
Chips:
Here goes my attempt at the pervibial "thinking outside the box" mentality.

Brock Lesnar (K-1) shocks and awes everybody. He learns to cut and maintain weight below 265 so that he is not a "super hwt". He joins Team Quest and learns real MMA from guys like Hondo and Randy. By this time, Fedor hasnt faught in a long time and his contract is finalized w/Pride/Zuffa. Becuase of the relationship between K-1 and Pride, yes I know, Zuffa, but K-1 begins dialog w/Zuffa for a superfight maybe even the title

Jerome Lebanner(K-1) finally crosses over to MMA full time, ala Cro Cop, learns to spawl, take-down-defense, ground game, bjj, etc. Signs w/Pride fights Josh Thompson or Barnet and pummels them, like i know he would, and then fight Fedor.

However, GG, might be the real deal, we will see after Randy, and he might be the guy, but I still think my boy Heath Herring, recover's from all his stupid, nagging injuries, gets in shape again and comes back as the man that destroyed Mark Kerr. You've heard here it first!

I still love Cro Cop though...ugh*SIGH*

Last edited 5/1/07 4:28PM server time by junior24
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #71   5/1/07 4:27:37PM   

lakaidude7

Learning to Sprawl

Career:19-14
Chips:

Posted by tomp6581

mma math is so funny...

cro cop ko'd by gonzaga + unimpressive herring = Fedor overated

Just admit it..............this is a stupid post.

i agree with your math equation, 2 other fighters performances do not reflect another fighters capabilities, in my oppinion Fedor is un-challenged as of yet.

Post #72   5/1/07 4:28:54PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by kerazzle

did you not read?! arlovski likes to kickbox....his sambo is his best attribute but he only uses that if he knocks you down.when do you see arlovksi get handled on the ground? you dont...

ps....submissions to wrestlers and strikers is not nearly as great as submitting world class BJJ/JJ/Sambo practioner. if this fight happens ill bet all my money to all yours....

When has Fedor ever been "handled" on the ground? When did Arlovski ever submit a world class grappler? I know arlovski is mainly a Sambo fighter but to say his Sambo is better than Fedor's is suspicious. Like i said, Fedor is a multiple world Champion in Combat Sambo and traditional Sambo. Arlovski is a one time Jr. World Champ. Plus Fedor has shown his submission skills in mma, dont get me wrong, I like Arlovski a lot, I just dont think his Sambo is better. There is nothing to prove that it is uinless he goes out and completely manhandles Big Nog on the ground or someone else with good bjj credentials.

Post #73   5/1/07 10:43:20PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by kerazzle

When has Fedor ever been "handled" on the ground? When did Arlovski ever submit a world class grappler? I know arlovski is mainly a Sambo fighter but to say his Sambo is better than Fedor's is suspicious. Like i said, Fedor is a multiple world Champion in Combat Sambo and traditional Sambo. Arlovski is a one time Jr. World Champ. Plus Fedor has shown his submission skills in mma, dont get me wrong, I like Arlovski a lot, I just dont think his Sambo is better. There is nothing to prove that it is uinless he goes out and completely manhandles Big Nog on the ground or someone else with good bjj credentials.

he was handled by coleman, randleman, hunt all on the ground but there submission defense is not there. arlovski was a two time sambo champ. his sambo may not be better but id be willing to bet its just as good. when do you see arlovski dominated on the ground? fedor is not the best at ANYTHING. he is great all around and thats why he is the best. if arlovski could wrestle like randleman id bet hed take fedor out.

CC could have beaten fedor but he concentrated on knocking him out with a high kick instead of chopping fedors legs off...

Post #74   5/1/07 11:03:25PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by kerazzle

he was handled by coleman, randleman, hunt all on the ground but there submission defense is not there. arlovski was a two time sambo champ. his sambo may not be better but id be willing to bet its just as good. when do you see arlovski dominated on the ground? fedor is not the best at ANYTHING. he is great all around and thats why he is the best. if arlovski could wrestle like randleman id bet hed take fedor out.

CC could have beaten fedor but he concentrated on knocking him out with a high kick instead of chopping fedors legs off...

Well considering that Fedor beat all of those guys by submission on the ground, I wouldnt say he was handled. He had a struggle but was definitely not handled.

Post #75   5/2/07 12:25:06AM   

Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6