Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rashad Evans: Disrespected by Jon Jones, Disappointed in Greg Jackson

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This past Saturday at UFC 128 was supposed to be the culmination of two years of hard work for former champion Rashad Evans. He was set to face Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in a lightweight title bout that would give Evans the opportunity to finally reclaim the belt he once lost but instead of a moment of potential greatness, instead Evans has found himself in the midst of a bitter dispute. Several weeks from the fight Evans suffered an injury that forced him to withdraw and in his place the UFC tapped his teammate Jon Jones.

This created the potential confrontation between Evans and Jones, and while both men have publically stated this wasn't something they would take part in, after Jon Jones became the youngest light heavyweight champion in the history of the UFC, Evans was sitting right there in the number one contender's position. Now the reality of their matchup has forced a wedge between two men who were once considered close friends and training partners but Evans's frustration is not aimed at Jones alone. I caught up with Evans on the day after he agreed to face Jones later for the light heavyweight title and in his Bloody Elbow Exclusive interview, Evans spoke his mind. While Evans discussed the details of the situation between himself and Jon Jones, he perhaps showed more anger towards former Coach Greg Jackson's public declaration that he will take no part in the matchup.

LINK

Post #1   3/21/11 11:16:45AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Rashad was all cool about Jones when it was him in line for the title.
I don't see the difference, Rashad got injured, Jones was next in line.
The whole LHW devision doesn't stop because Evans got injured.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   3/21/11 11:39:58AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I'm already tired of hearing about this situation. I wish we could put them on mute till they fight.

Post #3   3/21/11 12:33:26PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm starting to wonder if they actually have any beef or if the UFC is pushing them towards this to have a storyline leading into into the fight.

Post #4   3/21/11 1:06:45PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
I am confused. Rashad says Jackson has the best coaches, but he doesn't need them. He only needs Van Arsdale and Trevor. I can only assume he is including those two in Jackson's coaching staff? He also says that Jones should stay with Jackson because if he goes elsewhere he'll probably be used. Does he mean "used" like he feels he was used by Jackson? Why wouldn't Jackson use him the same way?
I just think Rashad is really confused and hurt emotionally, why wouldn't he. As this sport gets bigger and bigger, with more money rolling in, we are going to see more of this. Out with the old and in with the new.
It's becoming a business for the camps, a very big business. We might be seeing the start of camps making questionable decisions, much like the UFC has been. But, all the decisions will be made, with great inluence, from the business perspective.

Post #5   3/21/11 1:21:49PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
i personally dont like or care for either fighter. i prefer Evans to win for the sole reason that he will get beat by the next guy because at this point in time i dont really see anyone beating Jones.

Machida may be elusive enough to avoid most strikes and TDs but he still has a huge reach disadvantage
Rampage needs to be aggressive and look for his own TDs if he has any shot at beating Jones. he isnt going to get knocked out and is very hard to take down

after that, maybe a healthy Shogun??

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   3/21/11 6:05:46PM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:
Rashad Evans is a crybaby. That's the fight game buddy. If you aren't at your peak at the exact right time then you may not ever be champion. Let alone twice. And Shogun would have slaughtered him anyway. Better to lose to Jones who is going to be one of the most dominant UFC champs ever.

Post #7   3/21/11 8:30:37PM