Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rashad Evans: I'm Done With Greg Jackson's Gym

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Lethal

MMA Regular

Lethal Avatar

Career:165-104
Camp: Team Mafia
Chips:
NEWARK, N.J. -- MMA Fighting spoke to Rashad Evans following Jon Jones' championship win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at Saturday's UFC 128 and Evans makes a startling comment regarding his status of his longtime Greg Jackson affiliation.

[Video]
Link

Last edited 3/20/11 9:28AM server time by Lethal
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/20/11 7:37:46AM   

casketcoin

Standup Guy

casketcoin Avatar

Career:2,345-1,551
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
HA! it didnt work but if anyone could fill me in on what rashad and bones said to each other last night would be great. where i was wa s to loud for me to hear

Post #2   3/20/11 9:30:44AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I wonder what happened and where Rashad will train now?
aka, extreme Couture, Blackhouse?

Rashad didnt look scared to me,

and i think

Rashad wouldnt have taken the fight if he thought he could lose easily,
Rua's 10 month layoff must have had an affect
but JJ won fair and square
lets see If JJ CAN defend the belt???

Rashad- ?
Machida has the best chance because styles make fights
Randy has a small chance
Phil Davis- needs exp.
Rampage- maybe has a chance if he mixed it up

Last edited 3/20/11 7:27PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: summarization
4 total post edits

Post #3   3/20/11 9:57:17AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Evans seamed pissed about Jackson's camp!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #4   3/20/11 10:40:59AM   

gcraig22

MMA Regular

gcraig22 Avatar

Career:617-408
Chips:
It sucks for teammates to fight, but it a business. It's not like these guys train every day together and go each lunch and hang out. There are 50+ guys at Jackson's camp that train together.

Post #5   3/20/11 11:59:09AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Gotta love it

Evans has been with jackson and been loyal
Jones been with jackson for maybe a year. And evans is the one leaving camp
They should make jones go

Post #6   3/20/11 12:12:07PM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:
Jones via 1st round t/ko with some brutal elbows.

Post #7   3/20/11 12:24:17PM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Career:48-23
Chips:
If Rashad loses? Tourney Time?

Post #8   3/20/11 12:51:18PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Gotta love it

Why does Rashad get precedence over Jones just because he has been there longer? If Rashad had been in this fight having not been injured, this would be a none issue, but because Jackson chose to train Jones for the fight instead of Rashad, Rashad is all butthurt over the situation, and he left. i don't think Jackson is betraying Rashad, as Jackson didn't back one fighter over another in a fight.

Post #9   3/20/11 12:56:40PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
its all business.
And apparently the 23 year old "kid" is the better business man

Post #10   3/20/11 1:15:21PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I actually feel for Evans. The way I see it, he feels betrayed by Jackson's. They were hanging off his nuts when he was a contender and champion. Now Jones is popular and they tossed him to the side. It basically seems like whoever is champion or contender is the poster boy for the camp, as expected. They've been through Evans, Sanchez, Maquardt, Carwin, etc.

Post #11   3/20/11 1:26:21PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,763-1,756
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It's not like GJ's camp dumps people, they go on to train elsewhere....they don't get thrown out on the streets to be homeless or anything. I think Rashad has trained enough with Jones to know basically how the fight is going to go down and doesn't really have a choice.
If one of your fighters become Champion they aren't going to leave your camp so that you can train his next challenger!!
That being said I don't know why Rashad couldn't have arranged a run into the MW Division when Jones won if he wanted to stay with him and continue training together so much. I think that the UFC is smart here making sure that their future isn't jeopardized by their employees having too much authority when it comes to fight match ups.

Last edited 3/20/11 1:55PM server time by jae_1833

Post #12   3/20/11 1:53:56PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Smart move. Expand your arsenal, Rashad.

Post #13   3/20/11 2:07:54PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by prozacnation1978

Gotta love it

Why does Rashad get precedence over Jones just because he has been there longer? If Rashad had been in this fight having not been injured, this would be a none issue, but because Jackson chose to train Jones for the fight instead of Rashad, Rashad is all butthurt over the situation, and he left. i don't think Jackson is betraying Rashad, as Jackson didn't back one fighter over another in a fight.

i think i read somewhere that Jackson isnt picking sides and wont train either

edit: found it last 2 paragraphs

Last edited 3/20/11 3:41PM server time by Bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #14   3/20/11 3:10:02PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I wonder what happened and where Rashad will train now?
aka, extreme Couture, Blackhouse?

Rashad didnt look scared to me,

and i think

Rashad wouldnt have taken the fight if he thought he could lose easily, he would have switched weight classesI feel bad for Rashad,, maybe he can wear out Jones, I wouldnt put money on Evans winning though

Rua's Ring Rust was a huge factor in this fight ...
He gassed, had slower footwork and refllexes in my opinion.leg surgeries and 16 month layoff were gonna play a role,
but JJ won fair and square, Shogun is dangerous even when hes ring rusted, gassed, healing and getting hit a lot. I just think Shogun would perform better and land strikes if he wasnt injured for 16 months.

lets see If JJ CAN defend the belt???

Rashad- Must be able to take Jones down(i dont know what his gameplan to win would be otherwise), standing he will have a huge reach disadvantage as anyone would.

Machida has the best chance because styles make fights
Randy could possibly control JJ-
Phil Davis- Needs more time to learn striking
Rampage- maybe has a chance if he mixed slams, kicks and subs, but Rampage only boxes

JJ looks like a HW not a lhw in my opinion, but shouldnt be forced to fight HW's until he defends a few times.
Lebron James is the only guy who is athletic and tall enough to match Jones body type, I don't think the MMA money is high enough to bring in the top atheletes just yet.

first off, Shogun last fought in May...thats 10 months ago not 16

Evans i doubt will go to Xtreme Couture cuz a rematch with Griffin should be in the works soon. Blackhouse is for brazillians who have a legit black belt in BJJ. i am thinking he will go train with Sonnen and Lindland and the guys at Team Quest or go train at the wrestler heavy AKA.

Evans would have to explode for a double, or maybe his wrestling is strong enough to keep it standing and land that overhand right
Machida might be able to counter Jones and use his knees to soften him up. Jones looked kinda tired in the 3rd round so maybe Machida can beat him in a 5 rounder
Couture will get ragdolled and/or tagged on the feet worse than what Shogun got last night
Davis only if he gets on top
Rampage is very hard to take down, has an iron chin, and can knock anyone out. if he trains properly and has the motivation he will beat Jones
Shogun if healthy and doesnt sit out for 10 months has a legit shot if he is super aggressive striking from the onset and catches Jones

thinking Lebron will ever step foot into a combat sport is a joke. the guy cries after a loss during the regular season of a basketball game. and dude, no one is going to give up their basketball/footballhockey/etc career when they are regarded as one of the best in the league to go fight MMA. the only reason Schuab and Mitrione came over is because they were NFL rejects

Last edited 3/20/11 3:24PM server time by Bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #15   3/20/11 3:17:20PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2