Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Hey UFC, Chris Leben Wants to Fight His Hero, Wanderlei Silva

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

----PAPERBOY----

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Chris Leben is itching to get back in the Octagon. The season-one Ultimate Fighter cast member is coming off a loss to Brian Stann at UFC 125: Resolution in January and has since been without a fight to look forward to.

While in limbo, Leben is patiently awaiting a call from the UFC offering up his next foe within the eight-sided chained fence. In doing so, he can only sit and consider who he would like face. For Leben, that desired fight is MMA superstar Wanderlei Silva.

LINK

Post #1   3/16/11 7:44:19PM   

FastKnockout

----PAPERBOY----

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:
Wanderlei wants the fight, too. This is what he wrote on Twitter.

"I think with chris Leben I go have a tuff figth him is good opponent,he want and I want lets go figth"

Wanderlei Silva Twitter

Post #2   3/16/11 7:46:15PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

"I think with chris Leben I go have a tuff figth him is good opponent,he want and I want lets go figth"

Wanderlei Silva Twitter

What happened to Belfort? That would be a much more meaningful and better fight in my opinion.

Post #3   3/16/11 8:38:46PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
As much as I love Leben I think that Silva would cut him down pretty fast

Post #4   3/16/11 9:39:14PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Wanderlei Silva Twitter

Jesus H.. he speaks better English then he texts.. TwitVid it!

Last edited 3/16/11 9:54PM server time by beer
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   3/16/11 9:53:29PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
This would be a fun fight to watch, I hope it happens

Post #6   3/16/11 10:31:57PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Seeing as how he's ducking Brian Stann, I'm happy that he'll at least take a fight against Leben. Should be an awesome fight, but I wish he had the stones to take on Stann.

Post #7   3/16/11 11:01:11PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,433-855
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
SILVA VS LEBEN!?!
finally.
I've been hoping for this fight since The Axe Murderer moved to 185.

Post #8   3/16/11 11:23:02PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Seeing as how he's ducking Brian Stann, I'm happy that he'll at least take a fight against Leben. Should be an awesome fight, but I wish he had the stones to take on Stann.

Ducking?

He took on in no particular order:

Rampage 3x
Cro-crop
Liddell
Jardine
Franklin
Hunt
Dan Henderson

Just to name a few and you think he does not have the stones to fight Brian Stann? I really like Stann, he has shown alot of potential but there are bigger and better fights out there for Wand. A fight with Leban may be seen as a step down below Stann at this point but it is an exciting fight that the fans want to see, and that is what Silva loves to do.

Post #9   3/16/11 11:25:00PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by DeadHead988

Ducking?

Rampage 3x
Cro-crop
Liddell
Jardine
Franklin
Hunt
Dan Henderson

Just to name a few and you think he does not have the stones to fight Brian Stann? I really like Stann, he has shown alot of potential but there are bigger and better fights out there for Wand. A fight with Leban may be seen as a step down below Stann at this point but it is an exciting fight that the fans want to see, and that is what Silva loves to do.

I agree, he's fought a who's who list of opponents and he's a legend, but the ufc has tried to schedule a wand vs stann fight 2 or 3 times now, and wandy has turned it down every time. But let's just look at the bright side: Wandy vs Leben will be a slugfest for the ages!

Post #10   3/16/11 11:55:15PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,705-1,497
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by DeadHead988

Ducking?

Rampage 3x
Cro-crop
Liddell
Jardine
Franklin
Hunt
Dan Henderson

I agree, he's fought a who's who list of opponents and he's a legend, but the ufc has tried to schedule a wand vs stann fight 2 or 3 times now, and wandy has turned it down every time. But let's just look at the bright side: Wandy vs Leben will be a slugfest for the ages!

Yes, he's turned it down, but not for the lack of stones. TBH, he would fight any fighter on the planet at any weight class. Wandy feels that Stann is an American hero and that some fans would turn on him if he were to fight him. I don't necessarily think that would happen, but that is how he feels.

Post #11   3/17/11 12:04:55AM   

FastKnockout

----PAPERBOY----

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by DeadHead988

Ducking?

Rampage 3x
Cro-crop
Liddell
Jardine
Franklin
Hunt
Dan Henderson

You don't know much about Wanderlei, then. He lives and fights to satisfy fans, and he knows that fans don't want to see him vs. Stann. They want Silva vs. Leben, and that's what he wants.

Last edited 3/17/11 12:07AM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   3/17/11 12:06:36AM   

zxandu

MMA Regular

zxandu Avatar

Career:258-224
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I got mad respect for Leben. Ever since he took down Simpson and choked Akiyama within less than a month of each other, I got to have respect for a guy like that.

Any fighter who can take a fight on short notice and perform well, should never be under estimated.

Silva and Leben would be a fun fight to watch for me.

Post #13   3/17/11 2:33:42AM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
I've been wanting this fight for a long time.
MAKE IT HAPPEN

Post #14   3/17/11 5:56:53AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,462-848
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
this would be a great fight but I think the majority will certainly pulling for Wandy in this one.

Post #15   3/17/11 6:41:59AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2