Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 130 Video: Matt Hamill Trains for Rampage Jackson in the Ocean

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Matt Hamill is currently training for his high profile light heavyweight bout against "Rampage" Jackson. The New Yorker went out to South Beach with his coach Duff Holmes for some training. It's an unusual sight, but watch the two wrestle in the ocean.

"We train in the water all the time. Not usually the ocean cause we live in upstate New York, but there are a lot of pools and lakes. The waves, they make it a whole different deal. Playing with Matt [Hamill] in the water is like being in a washing machine." -Duff Holmes

LINK

Post #1   3/15/11 3:47:12PM   

UFC_Fanatic313

MMA Regular

UFC_Fanatic313 Avatar

Career:68-59
Chips:
So his gameplan is to make this wrestling match and win a decision yey another fighter who doesn't wanna fight page damn. I know its mma and it involves wrestling and stuff but it just gets frustrating to c every1 try to take him down. Hopefully Page catches him with an uppercut when hamill is going for a takedown cuz hamill is really slow.

Last edited 3/15/11 4:57PM server time by UFC_Fanatic313
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   3/15/11 4:56:33PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,140-679
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic313

So his gameplan is to make this wrestling match and win a decision yey another fighter who doesn't wanna fight page damn. I know its mma and it involves wrestling and stuff but it just gets frustrating to c every1 try to take him down. Hopefully Page catches him with an uppercut when hamill is going for a takedown cuz hamill is really slow.

I never like seeing Hamill hurt, he's deaf it's cruel. Like the worst was so bad it made me laugh... Jon Jones leaving a deaf guy blind... That was sick

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #3   3/15/11 5:03:53PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic313

How long have you been a fan of Rampage? He used to be a solid wrestler when he first hit the Pride scene. That's all he did was wrestle opponents, and then somewhere down the line he figured out he had KO power and started boxing more and more, and now his wrestling game is virtually gone. Besides, the only guy that really tried to wrestle him was Evans.His opponents since 2007 including Machida, Jardine, Silva, Griffin, Henderson, and Liddell didn't really try to wrestle
with him.

Besides, if your main skill is wrestling, and your opponent's main skill is striking, why wouldn't you try to take him down and gain the advantage? Don't hate on a fighter just because they won't do what you want to see.

Post #4   3/15/11 5:52:57PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
He should take Penn's strategy and run with rocks under the water.

Post #5   3/15/11 10:11:49PM   

UFC_Fanatic313

MMA Regular

UFC_Fanatic313 Avatar

Career:68-59
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by UFC_Fanatic313

How long have you been a fan of Rampage? He used to be a solid wrestler when he first hit the Pride scene. That's all he did was wrestle opponents, and then somewhere down the line he figured out he had KO power and started boxing more and more, and now his wrestling game is virtually gone. Besides, the only guy that really tried to wrestle him was Evans.His opponents since 2007 including Machida, Jardine, Silva, Griffin, Henderson, and Liddell didn't really try to wrestle
with him.

Besides, if your main skill is wrestling, and your opponent's main skill is striking, why wouldn't you try to take him down and gain the advantage? Don't hate on a fighter just because they won't do what you want to see.

I've been a Ramage fun for a long ass time and watched almost all his fights. I know he was a wrestler, but i am sorry that i forgot most of the fighters did stand with him again sorry. I know its the logical thing to do and i would do the same if i was fighting him but the thing is when the fighters do take him down they do little damage so its not entertaining and thats why i am hating on Hamill cuz i feel he will take him down and just sit on him. BTW i know pple r gunna be like oh you only watch UFC for the KO's and not cuz u like it. Wrong i love all aspects of the sport but when pple take fighters down and dnt do anything yea thats when i dont love the sport.

Last edited 3/16/11 8:05AM server time by UFC_Fanatic313
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   3/16/11 8:02:19AM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Career:48-23
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by UFC_Fanatic313

I never like seeing Hamill hurt, he's deaf it's cruel. Like the worst was so bad it made me laugh... Jon Jones leaving a deaf guy blind... That was sick

More embarrassing than sick I would say.

Post #7   3/23/11 9:15:22PM