Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Fight Night 24: Amir Sadollah vs DaMarques Johnson booked with James Wilks out

Print  
Posted By Message

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
link

Third time's the charm.

Amir Sadollah, initially set to fight Duane Ludwig before he was replaced by James Wilks due to injury, has yet another opponent for UFC Fight Night 24 on March 26 in Seattle, in the form of DaMarques Johnson.

MiddleEasy.com brought word of the change earlier today.

After winning The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Season 7, Sadollah was plagued by injuries that kept him out of the Octagon for over a year. Following a disappointing TKO loss to Johny Hendricks at UFC 101, Sadollah earned unanimous decision victories over Phil Baroni and Brad Blackburn.

He recently rebounded from a unanimous decision loss to Dong Hyun Kim with a win over Peter Sobotta at UFC 122.

DaMarques Johnson will come into this fight, on just two weeks notice, looking to build on his impressive back-breaking win over Mike Guymon at UFC Fight Night 23: "Fight for the Troops 2" back on Jan. 22, 2011.

Post #1   3/14/11 1:51:47AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This is the best of the three, thankfully. This should be an excellent, high paced fight with Amir technically destroying johnson on the feet on route to a UD.

Post #2   3/14/11 7:20:53AM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,889-1,010
Chips:
If amir doesn't finish this bout I'll be very let down, and I'm a huge amir fan. People have been labeling him a boring descion fighter, which is deserved cause he hasn't been finishing but when he won tuf he finished every fight along the way. I think he will finish johnson here hope fully by ko but amir has an excellent ground game so a sub would be no shock

Post #3   3/14/11 10:11:10AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

If amir doesn't finish this bout I'll be very let down, and I'm a huge amir fan. People have been labeling him a boring descion fighter, which is deserved cause he hasn't been finishing...

I don't necessarily agree that is a deserved label for Amir. He's been producing decisions lately but by no means are they boring. Although he pretty much dominated Sobotta I thought his display of overall improved technique was very entertaining. Amir isn't exactly the best fighter in the world but he works his ass off and in my opinion it's been working for him. He ran into a challenge he wasn't ready for in Kim. But other than that he's impressed me.

Post #4   3/14/11 10:41:21AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
And the musical chairs continue...

Post #5   3/14/11 3:45:17PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

If amir doesn't finish this bout I'll be very let down, and I'm a huge amir fan. People have been labeling him a boring descion fighter, which is deserved cause he hasn't been finishing but when he won tuf he finished every fight along the way. I think he will finish johnson here hope fully by ko but amir has an excellent ground game so a sub would be no shock

A decision doesn't make a fight boring.

Sanchez/Guida
Liddell/Silva
Edgar/Maynard
Dos Santos/Nelson
Fisher/Stout

I can go on and on. Fighters don't always have to finish to be entertaining.

As for the fight, I don't think there are many fighters available at the moment that would have the advantage over Amir. I will be very surprised if Demarques isn't dominated in this fight.

Post #6   3/14/11 4:04:10PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,889-1,010
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by quezocrema0032

A decision doesn't make a fight boring.

Sanchez/Guida
Liddell/Silva
Edgar/Maynard
Dos Santos/Nelson
Fisher/Stout

I can go on and on. Fighters don't always have to finish to be entertaining.

As for the fight, I don't think there are many fighters available at the moment that would have the advantage over Amir. I will be very surprised if Demarques isn't dominated in this fight.

I never once stated decisions are boring, Plus I also stated I am a big Amir fan and people have labeled him that not myself I just stated I could see their reasoning because of never really coming close to finishing 2 of his last 3 wins. I have been disappointed with the lacks of finishes is all. Amir started his career with tuf finishes over such fighters like Dollaway (twice), Gereld Harris, and Matt Brown as a fan I'm hoping he gets back to finishes. Once again I never stated Decisions are boring I am not a blood thirsty mma fan who does not appreciate the sport and needs a brawl. I just understand not finishing fights over the likes of Blackburn, Sobbatta, and Baroni isn't going to keep people invested in him he needs to get back to finishing fights for the sake of keeping everyone excited about his fights. For the last time I am a huge Saddolah fan I just understand the business is all.

Post #7   3/14/11 4:19:04PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
I think Wilks may have been saved from the chopping block...

Post #8   3/14/11 5:19:22PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

I think Wilks may have been saved from the chopping block...

I'm with you on that one.

Post #9   3/14/11 7:53:52PM