Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

In the Wake of Massive Quake in Japan, Yoshihiro Akiyama and Family Safe

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
In the wake of the tragic earthquake that struck Japan late last night, UFC president Dana White has updated fans on middleweight Yoshihiro Akiyama, who was training in his home area for his upcoming fight at UFC 128.

Akiyama, who had trained part time in the United States for his past few fights, stayed at home in Japan for his bout in New Jersey against Nate Marquardt, due to his affiliation with Greg Jackson’s team where the Japanese fighter had worked previously.

“Akiyama and his family are safe,” White tweeted late on Friday afternoon. “He will be there for UFC 128.”

LINK

Post #1   3/11/11 10:40:24PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Horrible, horrible tradegy in Japan....I hope Okami is safe as well.

Post #2   3/12/11 12:01:58AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Good to hear. The footage I've seen of the tsunami hitting is among the most frightening natural disaster footage ever. The Japanese are more prepared for disasters than any other people on Earth, but I fear that nothing could prepare for what happened and that the death toll will be high.

Post #3   3/12/11 12:45:50AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Great to hear. Our hearts and prayers go out to all the people in Japan.

Post #4   3/12/11 1:04:03AM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
i cant believe i was in japan a mere week ago. When I was there, they were talking alot about the New Zealand quake on the news. i can only imagine how different things got.
I was constantly using the train when i was there. most people there do, and to not be able to use the train at all when millions of people rely on them to get to where they need to go. wow
My GF works at a hotel, and wasn't able to get home til the next morning because she had to do an extra 2 shifts, because of the trains and because her hotel got completely booked because of it. (people having nowhere to go)

Hopefully they recover and get stronger from this. My prayers go out to everyone affected by this disaster.

Post #5   3/12/11 7:20:28AM