Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Georges St. Pierre not in a 'Rush' to fight Anderson Silva at 185 pounds

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,426-1,699
Camp: country KO
Chips:
My bad guys....I double checked and GSP is usually somewhere between 190 and 195 between fights.

Post #16   3/10/11 6:48:32PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I honestly don't see why people are blaming GSP for this?!
Silva is without a doubt the biggest MW there is and I'd go as far as to say one of the bigger LHW's there are too.
Silva was also allowed to fight lower ranked opponents to begin with at LHW, he wasn't just thrust at the champ and criticised if he said it'll take some planning.

GSP is a pretty big WW but he is nowhere near the biggest. Johnson, Alves, Fitch and Kampmann have all said they walk around at 200lb or above. In a recent interview GSP says his weight when he started his camps for Shields was 189lb.

If thats what he's entering a camp at he'll struggle to keep weight on to fight Anderson at 185!

Give the guy a break! If he still feels their are challenges for him at 170 why not let him see them out and possibly take a fight against a guy like Bisping to test the water and see if he can hang with the MW's.
Its not like he's said he'll never do it!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #17   3/10/11 7:11:03PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,555-917
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I honestly don't see why people are blaming GSP for this?!
Silva is without a doubt the biggest MW there is and I'd go as far as to say one of the bigger LHW's there are too.
Silva was also allowed to fight lower ranked opponents to begin with at LHW, he wasn't just thrust at the champ and criticised if he said it'll take some planning.

GSP is a pretty big WW but he is nowhere near the biggest. Johnson, Alves, Fitch and Kampmann have all said they walk around at 200lb or above. In a recent interview GSP says his weight when he started his camps for Shields was 189lb.

If thats what he's entering a camp at he'll struggle to keep weight on to fight Anderson at 185!

Give the guy a break! If he still feels their are challenges for him at 170 why not let him see them out and possibly take a fight against a guy like Bisping to test the water and see if he can hang with the MW's.
Its not like he's said he'll never do it!

Yep.
I would rather GSP stay at WW.
But I do want to see Anderson Silva vs Shogun soooooooooo bad

Post #18   3/10/11 7:29:50PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2