Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce champ Henderson anticipates summer return, interested in Emlianenko

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Dan Henderson says he'll give it one more go early this summer before taking time off to be with his family.

Then it's back to the gym in the fall and a possible fight at the end of the year, if all goes well.

Who's next on his list? Henderson today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that a fight with the winner of Gegard Mousasi vs. Mike Kyle is logical. But the new champ said he's also open to a future meeting with his favorite fighter, Fedor Emelianenko.

Article

Edit: Milestone post! :D War Hendo! War Legalizing!

Last edited 3/8/11 5:51PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: Milestone post!!

Post #1   3/8/11 5:47:44PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Hendo is one of my favorite fighters but I think he would get murdered by Fedor.

Post #2   3/8/11 6:57:32PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Funny how fedor is first alternate. Now may face hendo
Strikeforce has options for the guy

But I would like to see fedor drop weight to light heavy and fight hendo

Post #3   3/8/11 8:24:09PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,007-1,070
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sadly I think this fight makes sense, I'd rather see this fight for Fedor then the loser of Overeem/ Werdum. (Even though a Werdum rematch wouldn't be horrible). Henderson deserves a fight he wants because his career is winding down, and it would be good ratings for Strikeforce. If Henderson wins then They can wash their hands of M1 and if Fedor Wins then He got a win over a name and can give him a good fight against a top heavyweight and continue to market Fedor and their champ takes a understandable loss that doesn't threaten his standing at light heavyweight.

Post #4   3/8/11 8:31:50PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:
As far as this match goes, there are only positives. After Fedor's last fight it clearly showed he won't be able to hang with the size advantage of some of these HW's anymore. By him dropping to light heavyweight it gives Fedor his mojo back in a sense. He'll finally have a size advantage in his career and he'll still be quick, maybe quicker. Not to mention he'll be in great shape.

And I probably don't need to mention the kind of ratings this fight would generate. I'm thinking record breaking if you can build a solid card around it, which I'm positive Strikeforce can do.

Hendo and Fedor are both nearing the end of their legendary careers and I honestly can't think of a better way for them to go out.

Post #5   3/8/11 8:44:14PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Dan Henderson says he'll give it one more go early this summer before taking time off to be with his family.

Then it's back to the gym in the fall and a possible fight at the end of the year, if all goes well.

Who's next on his list? Henderson today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that a fight with the winner of Gegard Mousasi vs. Mike Kyle is logical. But the new champ said he's also open to a future meeting with his favorite fighter, Fedor Emelianenko.

Article

Edit: Milestone post! :D War Hendo! War Legalizing!

Haha, congrats buddy.

Smoke da herb mon

Post #6   3/8/11 8:47:18PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
And sticking with Strikeforce's usual TNA wrestling booking, they'll give Fedor a title shot against Dan Henderson, despite having never competed in the 205 division and losing his last two fights! That being said, I'd LOVE to see this one!

Post #7   3/8/11 9:40:21PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
i think hendo would win. fedor looked really bad in his last fight with big foot. if he tries the same thing hendo will have his way with him. fedors standup was less than impressive. he did alot of wild punches. really was looking for that one big shot. im not fighter bashing im just saying that fedor is not what he used to be and i dont see him ever reliving his past achievements

Post #8   3/9/11 12:38:04AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think Fedor and Hendo could both keep going for quite some time. Look at Randy Couture's age and the level he is still competing at. They are both younger.

Fedor is coming off his only two legitimate losses in the last decade. Hendo has never been KO'ed. They are both legends in the game with unprecedented accomplishments. I believe they can fight for as long as they want to.

Post #9   3/9/11 5:20:19AM