Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce Offered Chad Griggs Fights With Valentijn Overeem and Daniel Cormier For This Weekend’s Card

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
CagePotato has learned that immediately following his impressive heavyweight grand prix reserve bout win over Gian Villante at Strikeforce’s Fedor vs. Silva event two-and-a-half weeks ago, Chad Griggs was offered a slot on this weekend’s Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson card. A source we spoke to revealed that “The Gravedigger” turned down both bouts he was offered with fellow tournament reservists Valentijn Overeem and former Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier as there simply wasn’t adequate time for the full-time paramedic-firefighter to prepare for such a pivotal potential bout.

LINK

Post #1   3/2/11 3:54:12PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,946-1,042
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I remember coker saying he wanted to keep these guys busy but this would be unfair for them to take a fight on short notice and risk the momentum their carrying. I, like the idea of the reserve fighters having there own little tourney. The quarter finals are set with griggs overeem cormier and del roserio. I say match up shane and chad and oveereem and daniel the winners fight each other.

Post #2   3/2/11 7:22:37PM   

snakes80

Learning to Sprawl

snakes80 Avatar

Career:204-171
Camp: Ode to Cheick Kongo nut shots.
Chips:
Smart move on his part. I'm quickly becoming a Chad Griggs fan, so I want to see him fight, but at the same time, way too short of notice. He needs time to train... and let the chops grow!

Post #3   3/2/11 9:41:35PM   

GraMMA

MMA Regular

GraMMA Avatar

Career:890-539
Chips:
I'd like to see Griggs vs Valantine where it could go either way.I doubt Griggs chances against Cormier or DelRosario.

Post #4   3/3/11 12:07:37PM