Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Attention Goes to UFC 127 Drama, but Praise Belongs With Brian Ebersole

Print  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Let's put the UFC 127 controversy and arguments away for a little while, just long enough to celebrate someone deserving of some praise. Can we do that? I mean, it's easy to focus on the negative, but shouldn't we give equal time to the people who beat the odds? That's why we watch sports, isn't it? To watch people win, to overcome obstacles, and celebrate the triumph of the human will.

We get enough negativity in this lifetime from the regular news, yet in the sports world, the victory of Brian Ebersole is buried under the headlines of Michael Bisping spitting, and the disputed draw between BJ Penn and Jon Fitch.

Link

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #1   2/28/11 12:25:13PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Chips:
Check out the interview with Ariel Helwani. Ebersole just seems like a down to earth guy. Makes me like him even more.

Link

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   2/28/11 12:34:57PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ebersole is a goofball. Now that that's out of the way, it was hard not to be impressed with the guy. His goofy antics really kept Lytle from getting into a comfort zone, and he was never really able to find the distance. It's nice to see a guy who has been around the sport for so long to make good when he finally gets to the big show. It sucks as a fan of Lytle that he had to be the guy Ebersole beat to become relevant, but Ebersole deserved the win, and I'm happy for the guy.

Post #3   2/28/11 1:29:27PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Chips:
He acted too weird for me
From the yes cartwheels to the dumb hair arrow on his chest
To him acting weird in the cage.
Sad thing is I bet next fight for him will be main card
I have a feeling paulo thiago may fight him next

Post #4   2/28/11 4:10:06PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

He acted too weird for me
From the yes cartwheels to the dumb hair arrow on his chest
To him acting weird in the cage.
Sad thing is I bet next fight for him will be main card
I have a feeling paulo thiago may fight him next

We will be sure to notify Ebersole and let him know that he needs to act in accordance with what you think is appropriate. "The sad thing is I bet next fight for him will be main card"

Do you seriously listen to yourself talk, bro?

Ebersole has had over 60 MMA fights and finally got his crack at the big show and beat a pretty solid name and you think him getting a "main card" is sad?

Let me know when you have the testicles to fight over 60 professional fights and still remain a class act.

You could learn a thing or two about class from Ebersole.

Post #5   2/28/11 7:17:03PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
ebersole was acting kinda strange in the fight but he really did do a good job. i kinda suspect that lytle didnt take him as serious as he should have cause his performance was lacking regardless of how ebersole fought IMO. that was without a doubt the biggest upset and im glad to see the guy get some attention after having over 60 professional fights. to bad bispings antics kinda stole the spotlight.

Post #6   3/1/11 12:09:19AM   

Malaussie

MMA Regular

Malaussie Avatar

Career:571-397
Chips:
I like that Brian Ebersole is a goofball. Kept me on the edge of my seat in the stadium the whole time. At one point i was screaming "CARTWHEEL KICK, CARTWHEEL KICK" jus so he would do something totally random again. For all his antics the guy has legit skills. He was one of the most talented guys on the Aussie circuit and he gave the highly regarded Hector Lombard a tough fight over rounds so the guy is legit and i personally can't wait to see his next fight. I wouldn't mind seeing him go up against Mike Pierce.

Post #7   3/1/11 6:46:35AM