Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jorge Rivera Says 'Classless' Bisping Hit Him with Intentional Illegal Knee

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

BigCountryFedor

Banned for Cheating

BigCountryFedor Avatar

Career:653-352
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

I don't think I have ever seen a word repeated so many times as the word 'classless' lol!!

I know everyone outside of the UK hates Bisping and I know it is partly down to his actions but also it is definately down to him being from the UK.

Actually I know a lot of brits on other forums that cant stand the guy either and its not a nationality thing so dont bring that b/s into this. It's because of who he is, he's been this way this TUF 3 when he was mocking a deaf guy that would go on to beat his ass and got screwed over. Who spits on a guy and calls him a loser after he beats him? you think that has any class? please think before you bash anyone who isnt a fan of Bisping.

Posted by BigBadAl
Kos is no better but when he gets fake knees to the head etc, although it is mentioned and condemed by most, even American's, you won't find anything near to the reaction on the internet that Bisping gets.

WTF are you talking about, nearly everyone hates Kos, yes Americans hate Koscheck, have you even seen any of his introductions? at least Bisping gets cheered in Australia where they hate Brits and probably Bisping too.

Posted by BigBadAl
An example would be that most American's think that Hendo's follow up punch on Bisping when he was already out cold was fine, even though Hendo said it was intentional and he did it because he wanted to shut him up it's fine because you are supposed to fight until the ref stops it. There is nothing in the rules against it so it's OK....right? There is nothing in the rules against punching an opponent when they are about to touch gloves at the begining of a fight but when Paul Kelly does it everyone cries about it.

Blah blah, you could find hundreds of fighters who follow up with strikes, stop singling Hendo out because its Bisping were talking about like its some crutch you have to defend him, Bisping squared up before he hit Jorge with the knee. Just look at Bispings face when he threw the knee and tell me with a straight face that it wasnt intentional.

Posted by BigBadAl
There are a lot of other 'classless' fighters in the UFC, Sonnen, Lesnar, Kos, Silva to name a few but only Bisping seems to get the heat.

I don't condone what Bisping did but I also don't think that Jorge is a saint in all this and he seems to be getting away with it all - I wonder why?

If you poke the bear then expect to get bitten.

Jorge poked the bear.

I know so many of you were getting wet for another huge KO of Bisping but don't worry. Be patient. You will most likley get that when he gets his title shot against Silva.

Lol, Bisping probably wont get past any top 10 in his career. Not Okami, not Vitor, not Chael, not Santiago, not Marquardt, why do you think zuffa keeps giving him a gimme fight every year? and why does Bisping keep signing onto these fights and claim Rivera "isnt worthy to fight him" (which is what started the beef in the first place) but he signs the contract instead of taking a big fight with title implications? because he cant hang the big boys at the top, he and Matt Hamill know it.

Post #46   3/1/11 3:32:46PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,018-1,645
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

I know everyone outside of the UK hates Bisping and I know it is partly down to his actions but also it is definately down to him being from the UK.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it

Most ridiculous statement I've seen on here in quite some time. Just ask yourself why nobody hates the other British fighters.

Post #47   3/1/11 4:26:34PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

I know everyone outside of the UK hates Bisping and I know it is partly down to his actions but also it is definately down to him being from the UK. Kos is no better but when he gets fake knees to the head etc, although it is mentioned and condemed by most, even American's, you won't find anything near to the reaction on the internet that Bisping gets.

I'm here to personally tell you that, as an American, I dislike Koscheck AND Tito just as much as, if not more than, Bisping. I've got the track record on these forums to prove it.

An example would be that most American's think that Hendo's follow up punch on Bisping when he was already out cold was fine, even though Hendo said it was intentional and he did it because he wanted to shut him up it's fine because you are supposed to fight until the ref stops it. There is nothing in the rules against it so it's OK....right? There is nothing in the rules against punching an opponent when they are about to touch gloves at the begining of a fight but when Paul Kelly does it everyone cries about it.

This is the worst parallel I have ever seen. The touch of the gloves at the beginning of the fight is a sign of respect and showmanship to your opponent. That's why fighters who don't like each other don't touch each other. There's a moral code and unwritten rule about touching gloves. There's no moral code or unwritten rule about beating your opponent until the ref pulls you off of him. It happens ALL the time. Shogun did it to Rampage in Pride, Wanderlei did it to Rampage. Koshcheck did it to Yoshida.

There are a lot of other 'classless' fighters in the UFC, Sonnen, Lesnar, Kos, Silva to name a few but only Bisping seems to get the heat.

Do you actually read these forums or are you just saying things you "believe" to be true? Anderson Silva received so much flack after the Maia fight that it was ridiculous. There were moderators calling Anderson classless and tacky.

Brock Lesnar received a lot of sh*t for his comments post Mir 2. He receives a lot of sh*t in general.

Sonnen I won't even get in to because you clearly don't read threads about him or you'd know that your above statement was completely ludicrous. Same with Koscheck.

I don't condone what Bisping did but I also don't think that Jorge is a saint in all this and he seems to be getting away with it all - I wonder why?

Everyone wants to say that Rivera was using "racist" terms against Bisping, guess what? Bisping called Rivera a "f*cking f*ggot" with everyone watching. Congratulations, Bisping has officially insulted an entire group of people over someone who isn't even gay. This isn't the first time Bisping has used homophobic statements, either. He's been warned by Dana.

Video of Bisping

Rivera made three videos, Bisping used homophobic slurs while attempting to get physical, threw an illegal knee and then celebrated while the doctors and refs tended to Rivera, and then he spit on Phinney. All in the course of 24 hours.

Last edited 3/1/11 6:33PM server time by BlueSkiesBurn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #48   3/1/11 6:04:30PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4