Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Paul Daley Apologizes for Missing Weight, Promises To Redeem Himself on Saturday

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
As BAMMA 5 approaches tomorrow, the main event hit a bump in the road when main event fighter Paul Daley missed weight turning his 5 round title fight against Yuya Shirai into a 3 round non-title fight.

The British heavy hitter was not happy with missing weight and issued the following statement following the BAMMA events on Friday. He also included a special message to Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz as well.

“I apologize to Shirai and the fans for missing weight,” Daley said. “Although the fight is 3 rounds now I only need 1 round to knock him out. The fans come to see me win the title but I promise them, title or not, I’ll win this fight and win it in style.

“Then I’m going after Diaz and I want to send him out the message that I mean business with my performance tomorrow night.”

The weight cutting bug also bit former UFC heavyweight champion Ricco Rodriguez, who failed to cut to the 215lb catchweight limit agreed to with his opponent James McSweeney.

Full Story

Post #1   2/26/11 1:21:52AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Apologizing doesn't win belts. Making weight, on the other hand, does.

Post #2   2/26/11 11:57:20AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
At least he apologized but to run your mouth constantly about knocking this guy or that guy out and then you miss weight or throw sucker punches. Show some respect and make weight. Then ill care.

Post #3   2/26/11 3:32:16PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by teddythetuna

At least he apologized but to run your mouth constantly about knocking this guy or that guy out and then you miss weight or throw sucker punches. Show some respect and make weight. Then ill care.

More often than not he does knock the guy out though. It only took 86 seconds yesterday.

Post #4   2/27/11 9:11:38AM