Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Efrain Escudero vs. Fabricio Camoes slotted for Tachi Palace Fights 9 in May

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"The Ultimate Fighter 8" winner Efrain Escudero looks for his third consecutive post-UFC win when he meets fellow UFC vet Fabricio Camoes at May's Tachi Palace Fights 9 event.

Soon after Camoes defeated Steve Lopez at this past weekend's Tachi Palace Fights 8 event, Escudero left the broadcast booth and entered the cage.

Officials then announced the Escudero vs. Camoes bout.

LINK

Post #1   2/21/11 4:19:27PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,007-1,070
Chips:
Would like to see Efrian win here and get back to the UFC eventually. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes but as far as in the cage fights were concerned Efrian only lost 2 bouts in 2 very competitive fights against 2 of the brightest prospects in the ufc in Dunham and Ollivera. I think he is better then Pearson, Wilks, and possibly Danzing who are still around. Hope to see Efrian back soon and this would be a good win in making his case.

Last edited 2/21/11 7:30PM server time by quezocrema0032
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/21/11 5:38:49PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Efrain cant catch a break, he may get submitted very early.

Post #3   2/21/11 8:34:04PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,206-1,363
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Would like to see Efrian win here and get back to the UFC eventually. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes but as far as in the cage fights were concerned Efrian only lost 2 bouts in 2 very competitive fights against 2 of the brightest prospects in the ufc in Dunham and Ollivera. I think he is better then Pearson, Wilks, and possibly Danzing who are still around. Hope to see Efrian back soon and this would be a good win in making his case.

I think Efrians talented but did you even see the Oliveira fight? He stalled the whole time, that was far from competitive from what I remember and I think he came in overweight.
Thats definetly enough to get cut from the UFC in my eyes.

Post #4   2/21/11 8:55:16PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,007-1,070
Chips:

Posted by mattjonesy

Posted by quezocrema0032

I think Efrians talented but did you even see the Oliveira fight? He stalled the whole time, that was far from competitive from what I remember and I think he came in overweight.
Thats definetly enough to get cut from the UFC in my eyes.

I do think him coming over weight was a big part of the cut and made it justifiable for the ufc to cut him so I didn't argue the cut just hoping he makes it back. As far as the Ollivera fight goes I thought Efrian won the first round because of a take down late in the round but Charles came alive in the second winning that round and the 3rd round Ollivera looked amazing and put him away. He started stalling in the 2nd when Charles kicks noticeably slowed him down. It was a tied up fight going into the 3rd that is a competitive fight in my book.

Last edited 2/21/11 9:45PM server time by quezocrema0032
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   2/21/11 9:42:50PM   

zxandu

MMA Regular

zxandu Avatar

Career:258-224
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I was pretty upset to see Efrain get booted, he was actually the fighter I rooted for the most in the UFC. Me being a beaner and the guy having a really great fighter's spirit, it's hard not to root for the guy. He reminds me of the small, gritty lightweight latino boxers of the 80's and 90's.

Hencho en Mexico is one the best ring names ever.

Post #6   2/22/11 2:01:39AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Neither guy should have been booted to begin with

I do hope escudero wins and ufc brings him back

Post #7   2/22/11 11:46:39AM