Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who will be the Champs next year

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Career:48-23
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Heavyweight -

Champion: Cain Valesquez

Top Contender: Carwin/Dos Santos

Wild Cards: Matt Mitrione/Travis Browne/Alistar Overeem

(Don't see the division being much different than right now, honestly.)

Light Heavyweight -

Champion: Shogun Rua

Top Contender: Phil Davis

Wild Cards: Rampage Jackson/Forrest Griffin/Jon Jones/Ryan Bader

Middleweight -

Champion: St. Pierre

Top Contender: Vitor Belfort/Demian Maia

Wild Cards: Chael Sonnen/Nate Marquardt/Jorge Santiago/Hector Lombard

Welterweight -

Champion: Jon Fitch

Top Contender: Condit/Ellenberger/Koscheck

Wild Cards: BJ Penn/Nick Diaz/Paul Daley/John Hathaway

Lightweight -

Champion: Frankie Edgar

Top Contender: Jim Miller/Clay Guida/G-Sot

Wild Card: Gray Maynard/BJ Penn/Anthony Pettis/Gilbert Melendez/Eddie Alvares

St Pierre at Middleweight? Are you joking?

HW - Shane Carwin or Frank Mir
LHW - Jon Jones
MW - Anderson Silva
WW - GSP or BJ Penn
LW - Maynard or Anthony Pettis
FW - Aldo
BW - Faber or Torres

I'd like to see GSP lose, or at least have a exciting fight. Pettis is a wildcard for me. No one is going to beat "The Spider" anytime soon. And Jones is gonna hold the belt for a while after he beats shogun.

Post #16   2/20/11 6:18:22PM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Chips:
On a related note, St. Pierre would never take the Silva fight.

Post #17   2/20/11 6:20:17PM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

HW: Velasquez
LHW: Rampage
MW: Silva
WW: GSP
LW: Edgar
FW: Aldo
BW: Faber

Also, I am seriously laughing my ass off at the person who said AA could come in and be champion. I guess they forgot about his glass chin that has, LITERALLY, left him sleeping in 3 of his last 4 fights.

AA couldn't get past Struve at this point in his career. There is no way, IN HELL, he would EVER hold the HW strap in the UFC at this point.

Rampage as champ? LMFAO. Hes got the raw power, but I see Matt Hammil out-wrestling him. And Rampage cant beat Shogun if shogun can even keep the belt. I agree with everything besides Edgar, Cain, and Rampage.

Post #18   2/20/11 6:26:07PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Also, I am seriously laughing my ass off at the person who said AA could come in and be champion. I guess they forgot about his glass chin that has, LITERALLY, left him sleeping in 3 of his last 4 fights.

AA couldn't get past Struve at this point in his career. There is no way, IN HELL, he would EVER hold the HW strap in the UFC at this point.

Rampage as champ? LMFAO. Hes got the raw power, but I see Matt Hammil out-wrestling him. And Rampage cant beat Shogun if shogun can even keep the belt. I agree with everything besides Edgar, Cain, and Rampage.

I don't think Shogun is going to keep it and I think Rampage could beat Rashad (in a rematch) or Jones.

Post #19   2/20/11 6:33:35PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,091-851
Chips:
HW: Cain
LHW: Anderson Silva
MW : Anderson Silva
WW: Sheilds
LW: Edgar, Interim Guida
FW: Tyson Griffen
BW: Miguel Torres

Post #20   2/20/11 6:55:09PM   

d1rtyyyynacho

Learning to Sprawl

d1rtyyyynacho Avatar

Career:124-104
Camp: DGK
Chips:
I see Clay Guida as the Light Weight champ by the end of the year. Beating Pettis, and they taking on the winner of Maynard/Edgar. I see Edgar taking that fight though. Should be an interesting year for these 4 fighters

Post #21   2/20/11 7:17:19PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
135, Dominick Cruz... Everyone keeps underestimating Dominick Cruz in every fight but I see him running through Urijah Faber, Miguel Torres and any other bantamweight at this point. There has never been a guy with such speed, footwork and cardio without having a lack of grappling but Dominick has proved he's better than some of the strongest at 135 like Benavidez and Jorgensen.

145, Jose Aldo... Griffin and Florian will end up cutting too much weight ultimately effecting their performance. Some of these fighters think cutting so much weight will help when they just need to add to their lack of skills, whatever they may be lacking. Aldo will also probably not be dethroned at 145 for awhile.

155, Anthony Pettis... It's up for grabs to me, with the end result either being Pettis or Edgar as champ when the smoke clears. But there is a lot of new talent at 155 and it's also possible that BJ comes back to 155 if Frankie is dethroned eventually.

170, ?.. Title fights are moot to me at this point, Shields taking the belt is probably wishful thinking. Hopefully GSP leaves 170 for good so welterweight title fights get interesting again. I think GSP keeps it, moves up, then perhaps Fitch, Alves, BJ or another contender take it.

185, Anderson Silva... He has proved that even against bad matchups like Hendo and Sonnen, they all fall. It will take a guy like Okami whos a great wrestler with better sub defense than anyone Silva has faced.

205, Shogun Rua... JBJ doesnt have the striking to match and is very untested in a lot of areas, give Shogun some of those guys and he'd make a great highlight reel as well. Even if JBJ takes Shogun down it will be to his own detriment as he finds himself in a scramblef**k of submissions and sweeps which leads to Shogun standing.

265, Junior Dos Santos... Just a hunch really, Cain vs JDS will be awesome.

Post #22   2/20/11 7:24:08PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by tmas

LHW: Anderson Silva
MW : Anderson Silva
WW: Sheilds
LW: Edgar, Interim Guida
FW: Tyson Griffen
BW: Miguel Torres

I completely forgot Tyson Griffin was dropping to 145.
nice.

Post #23   2/20/11 8:51:49PM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

In each division who do you think will be holding the title after the new years eve card this year?

Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez - I think Lesnar will beat Dos Santos and get the fight with Cain but I don't think he can beat him. Cain's too technical and quick for Lesnar which sucks cause I'd love to see Brock hold the title again.

Light Heavyweight: Jon Jones - He's too good but I would have liked another fight before the title shot. If he gets passed Shogun I will be convinced for sure.

Middleweight: Georges St. Pierre - If the fight happens by then, I give it to GSP.

Welterweight: Jon Fitch - St. Pierre will leave the division after beating Shields, and Fitch will win the vacant title. I think GSP is the only guy in the division right now who can stop him.

Lightweight: Frank Edgar - I think he'll beat Maynard next fight, and then there really aren't a lot of guys that can deal with his speed and style. Hard to see someone beating him of who's in the division now. Maybe Diego if he came back.

You make very valid points. But I'm rooting for Penn in Penn vs Fitch. I say Maynard beats Frankie, and Pettis beats Maynard. GSP will get creamed by The Spider.

Last edited 2/20/11 11:28PM server time by TS92turbo
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   2/20/11 11:26:47PM   

TS92turbo

Standup Guy

TS92turbo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I don't think Shogun is going to keep it and I think Rampage could beat Rashad (in a rematch) or Jones.

Rampage has Carwin power, but hes too sloppy. He would beat Rashad, but if Jones beats Shogun, then no chance.

Post #25   2/20/11 11:36:12PM   

sherrymae

Banned for Cheating

Career:311-171
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
LHW: Shogun
WW: Condit
LW: Maynard
BW: Cruz

Post #26   2/21/11 3:16:18AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Rampage has Carwin power, but hes too sloppy. He would beat Rashad, but if Jones beats Shogun, then no chance.

Your really sold on an untested fighter arn't you.

Post #27   2/21/11 7:20:07AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Royce Gracie. All of them.

Post #28   2/21/11 9:08:53AM   

d1rtyyyynacho

Learning to Sprawl

d1rtyyyynacho Avatar