Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jorge Santiago Confirms UFC Talks, But Says No Deal Is Official Yet

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ -- Free agent Jorge Santiago on Saturday night refuted reports that he has signed a contract with the UFC.

Santiago told MMA Fighting that he had not yet signed a contract with any promotion, but that he hoped to finalize a deal very soon. Santiago did confirm ongoing talks with the UFC.

Several MMA sites have reported that Santiago has agreed to a deal and will fight Brian Stann at UFC 130 in May, but he insisted that he has yet to ink his name to any contract.

"Maybe tomorrow," he said with a smile.

Santiago was the reigning Sengoku middleweight champion when he asked for and was granted his release. He holds a record of 23-8 after winning 11 of his last 12 fights.

LINK

Post #1   2/14/11 8:57:55AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Jorge was staying at the some hotel as us and I overheard him talking that he had not signed with anyone yet . Then I saw the report he signed with the UFC. So I was confused. I hope he goes to the UFC

Post #2   2/14/11 11:56:45AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
I hope he signs

Post #3   2/14/11 9:39:30PM