Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Despite retirement talk, Strikeforce's Fedor Emelianenko could be top grand-prix alternate

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Aether

Yeah I'm kind of surprised that even 1 judge gave it to Bigfoot. Let's be honest, Fedor landed way, way more shots and whenever Bigfoot was in control he pretty much just pressed Fedor against the cage.

It would've been interesting to see what the score would be like if the fight wasn't stopped and Fedor managed to win round 3. I think it would've ended up being a draw, because only 1 judge scored the second round 10-8, meaning the scores going into round 3 would've been 19-19, 18-19, and 18-20.

So even if Fedor took round 3, unless he got a finish the best he was looking at was a draw, winning round 3 would've put the scores to 29-28, 28-28, and 28-29. That would've been a real interesting outcome for a tournament bout.

I think you're forgetting one thing though...it depends on which judge scored the round for Silva in the first and which judge gave the 10-8 in the second. I don't believe they ever distinguished that. The scores could have been 19-19, 18-19, and 18-20...but if the same judge that gave Silva round one also gave him a 10-8 in round 2, the scores would be 19-19, 19-19, and 17-20. With those scores, Fedor would just need to win on the cards of those first 2 judges in round 3 to pull off the victory.

Nah I didn't forget, I was just pretty sure they had said the names of the judges and that it was one of the ones who had scored round 1 in Fedor's favour, but trying to find the scorecards now I can't find any information so maybe I mis-heard it during the broadcast.

Post #31   2/14/11 8:47:01PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3