Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brian Stann Likely To Meet Santiago, Not SIlva, At UFC 130

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
After recent reports of a potential return to the UFC, Sengoku middleweight champion Jorge Santiago appears to have an opponent: Brian Stann. Stann initially was slated to face Wanderlei Silva at the May 28 event, though Silva repeatedly has voiced a preference not to fight the fan favorite and military hero. Currently, bout agreements have not been signed. Additionally, Santiago's agent, Malki Kawa of Authentic Sports Management, said he couldn't confirm the fight or even if the veteran officially has signed with the UFC. Stann's rep also declined to comment. If the Santiago vs. Stann fight is signed, Silva likely will be shifted to another matchup, possibly against Vitor Belfort, whom he recently has been feuding via a series of interviews in the Brazilian media. Belfort recently lost a title fight with middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 126.

Article

Post #1   2/12/11 12:38:46PM   

GraMMA

MMA Regular

GraMMA Avatar

Career:890-539
Chips:
Stann vs Santiago would be a great contest and worthy of the main card so I hope this happens.;and the Wandy-Vitor rematch sometime soon.
I think Stann is a bad match for Jorge though,he'll get ko'd.

Post #2   2/12/11 12:47:37PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Santiago via whatever he wants

Last edited 2/14/11 12:35AM server time by cooler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   2/12/11 1:29:15PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Damm in a span of a day we lost both silva's off the card

Looks like wandy vs belfort
I doubt they wait till aug rio to book this
Maybe june vancouver

Glad ufc signed santiago

Good fight still with stann.

Post #4   2/12/11 2:33:20PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Looks like I was right about Santiago replacing Silva. I was excited for Wanderlei, but this fight still has the potiential to be really exciting, and I'll be looking forward to it.

Post #5   2/12/11 3:49:15PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,466-874
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Nicely done, UFC!

Now can we get Leben vs Silva?

Post #6   2/12/11 3:57:03PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,514-925
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I like the wheelings and dealings! Santiago-Stann is gonna be good. If Wanderlei has a bum knee at the moment, maybe he will stay put until UFC Rio, and Belfort can get in another fight before August like he wants.

Or will the UFC have other plans and make Silva-Belfort 2 before UFC Rio? For posterity sake, I hope not. That needs to be on the Brazil card.

Post #7   2/12/11 4:19:27PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Silva's probably fine, he was just adamant about not wanting to face Stann. Some sites are saying he would've rather retired instead of take that fight.

Post #8   2/12/11 5:20:22PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I really wanted to see Stann vs. Silva. This sucks, but as Kelly Bundy used to say; "Case of Rum, Case of Rum."

This fight should be highly competitive and probably more exciting than the originally planned fight. It better make it on to the main card, haha.

Post #9   2/12/11 5:55:59PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Silva's probably fine, he was just adamant about not wanting to face Stann. Some sites are saying he would've rather retired instead of take that fight.

Sucks, because I'd much rather see him and Silva than him and Santiago. Regardless though, this will be a good fight.

I'll probably take Stann over Santiago just due to his power.

Post #10   2/12/11 9:47:39PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by DCRage

Sucks, because I'd much rather see him and Silva than him and Santiago. Regardless though, this will be a good fight.

Why does it suck? Stann will likely lose to a superior mixed martial artist whos more well rounded in Jorge Santiago. I think you just really like Stann and he had a better shot against Wanderlei than he does against a legit top 10 MW like Santiago. I mean, you did just call Wanderlei a "shell of himself" in the other thread...

Post #11   2/14/11 12:14:55AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by gartface

Posted by DCRage

Why does it suck? Stann will likely lose to a superior mixed martial artist whos more well rounded in Jorge Santiago. I think you just really like Stann and he had a better shot against Wanderlei than he does against a legit top 10 MW like Santiago. I mean, you did just call Wanderlei a "shell of himself" in the other thread...

You're seriously starting to sound like you have a vendetta against Stann. If Stann was fighting a stick, would you pick the stick as the "superior" martial artist?

Post #12   2/14/11 12:19:01AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Cooler

Posted by gartface

Posted by DCRage

You're seriously starting to sound like you have a vendetta against Stann. If Stann was fighting a stick, would you pick the stick as the "superior" martial artist?

Jorge Santiago is legit top 10, proven against top MW's. Why is Stann all the sudden a top guy? for beating Leben? for almost losing to Massenzio? this is really getting old man. Sure he has power but power can only take you so far. Are you trying to say that youre picking Stann over Santiago? and if so why?

Post #13   2/14/11 12:24:27AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Cooler

Posted by gartface

Posted by DCRage

Jorge Santiago is legit top 10, proven against top MW's. Why is Stann all the sudden a top guy? for beating Leben? for almost losing to Massenzio? this is really getting old man. Sure he has power but power can only take you so far. Are you trying to say that youre picking Stann over Santiago? and if so why?

It's not that people are saying he's top ten. It's your dismissive attitude regarding his abilities. You write him off as if he had no chance whatsoever against either fighter. Like he's some f*cking can they picked out of the audience.

Post #14   2/14/11 12:25:43AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Cooler

Posted by gartface

Posted by DCRage

It's not that people are saying he's top ten. It's your dismissive attitude regarding his abilities. You write him off as if he had no chance whatsoever against either fighter. Like he's some f*cking can they picked out of the audience.

I wasnt talking about other people, i was talking about whare you're saying... tand thanks for ignoring yet another question, shows how much you care what im saying :)

Regarding his skillset, yeah I think theres a lot of MWs that would beat him and I gave my reasons in a civil way. If you cant handle it maybe its you that needs to look at yourself and relax. Take care, Kimosabe.

Last edited 2/14/11 12:36AM server time by cooler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   2/14/11 12:33:34AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2