Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Thiago Silva Admits to Failing UFC 125 Drug Test

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I apologize for slandering my fellow forum member. What I should have said is that, in my humble opinion, steroids and performance enhancing drugs are ruining the integrity of all sports.

And the 1 out of 10 times where talent does not beat strength is when someone is juiced out of their mind and breaks someones leg while prying a triangle choke off of their neck.

If Royce Gracie were as big as everyone he fought in the beginning days of the UFC, what would the appeal be? Would MMA and BJJ turned in to what it has today? Doubtful. You wouldn't see that skinny 170lb guy who could be you subbing a bunch of big burly dudes. You wouldn't see the every day guy overcoming the odds and using pure skill to win his fights.

That's what we lose with PED's

Eeksaktlee

Post #16   2/12/11 9:05:04AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well since there's 2 samples to test, this reminds me of an old saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on.. shame on you. Fool me,, you can't get fooled again.

Post #17   2/12/11 9:25:22AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

If Royce Gracie were as big as everyone he fought in the beginning days of the UFC, what would the appeal be? Would MMA and BJJ turned in to what it has today? Doubtful. You wouldn't see that skinny 170lb guy who could be you subbing a bunch of big burly dudes. You wouldn't see the every day guy overcoming the odds and using pure skill to win his fights.

just to be THAT guy royce was did test positive ...witch is prolly why he was subbing all the big burly dudes

Post #18   2/12/11 10:25:31AM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by the-king

Posted by pmoney

just to be THAT guy royce was did test positive ...witch is prolly why he was subbing all the big burly dudes

He tested positive one time, in the last fight of his career. I'm sure that had everything to do with all those other victories.

Post #19   2/12/11 12:26:07PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by the-king

Posted by pmoney

He tested positive one time, in the last fight of his career. I'm sure that had everything to do with all those other victories.

i pointed out i was just being a dick but if you choose to think that way maybe josh barnett only juiced the times he was caught and we shouldnt question the legitamicty of his other fights. just because someone only got caught once doesnt mean they never snuck by before

Last edited 2/12/11 1:42PM server time by the-king
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   2/12/11 1:35:09PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Chips:
pictured below- a one time thing

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 2/12/11 1:41PM server time by the-king
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   2/12/11 1:40:59PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Chips:
I was unaware Royce ever tested positive. Not surprised though. You never know who is doing that stuff in pro sports.

I do agree with you King, if you got caught once, in my opinion that casts doubt on your entire body of work. Was he on steroids or maybe HGH for UFC 1? Who knows, one can only speculate. In this country, people are innocent until proven guilty as far as the courts are concerned.

In the court of public opinion, however, testing positive can turn you from a legend to a hack being tarred and feathered and run out of town overnight.

I wish there were some way to know if everyone is clean. And those who aren't, in my opinion, should never be in the hall of fame for whatever sport they are in, or even allowed to compete without Olympic level drug testing. And even then, I don't know if HGH is a detectable substance yet. That can give a man Herculean strength.

I sigh.....

Post #22   2/12/11 3:09:08PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

, I don't know if HGH is a detectable substance yet. That can give a man Herculean strength.

HGH can be detected via blood tests that can tell the difference between artificial and natural hGH.

But it's pointless. They've done dozens and dozens of studies and found zero evidence that hGH has any benefit towards athletic performance. They need to just un-ban it already since no one would want to take a legal supplement with zero proven athletic benefit.

Post #23   2/12/11 4:01:19PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2