Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Planning Silva vs. St. Pierre Should GSP Defeat Shields

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jaketheripper

Learning to Sprawl

jaketheripper Avatar

Career:353-255
Camp: RB CSF 209
Chips:
I don't think sheilds should be discounted so soon.

Post #16   2/6/11 4:44:39PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
When does Anderson Silva ascend to Mt Olympus? I'm pretty sure last night proved he isn't human.

Anyway.... Shields isn't going to be a walkthrough. If St Pierre over looks him he's going to get Hendersoned.

If the fight does happen there's no doubt in my mind that GSP will get put to sleep.

Post #17   2/6/11 5:21:22PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,078-848
Chips:
bad bad fight for GSP but i wanna see it, and i also wanna see Silva v Jon Jones my two fav.

Post #18   2/6/11 6:35:40PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,466-874
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I think GSP and Shields would both stand a decent chance against the Spider

Post #19   2/6/11 8:48:25PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,522-929
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

I think GSP and Shields would both stand a decent chance against the Spider

partially....

If there were a fighter who could take the Chael Sonnen outlined blueprint on how to fight Anderson (and not get choked out before winning), it would be GSP, and, imo, to a much lesser extent Shields.

However after last night, it really makes me think that Anderson's lackluster performance versus Sonnen was due to rib injury, not thrown off timing or anything of that nature.....

But I've said it before and I'll say it until it happens, give the contenders at the respective weight classes their due! Make Silva fight Okami, give Silva a chance to avenge the loss. Meanwhile, if and when GSP handles Shields, have GSP fight Fitch again (provided Fitch does his thing versus BJ), and then have GSP move up (provided he wins again).

Kampmann should be fighting in April, BTW. I don't know how Dana White says things like he considers Evan Dunham undefeated, and then Kampmann gets ROBBED like nothing I've ever seen, and he decides to keep the Shields hype train rolling and give him an immediate title shot after his UFC debut IS A LOSS. Douchey.

Post #20   2/6/11 11:02:25PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by jaketheripper

I don't think sheilds should be discounted so soon.

I have convinced myself that Shields will pretty much be an easy fight for GSP. Shields isn't knocking anyone out, his cardio leaves much to be desired, he's always a submission threat, but GSP is too smart for stuff like that. GSP is a better wrestler than Shields, has better standup, and his knowledge of BJJ is just as legit as Shields'. I guess I just don't see any area where Shields has an advantage.

Post #21   2/7/11 7:38:50PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2