Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White Worries About the UFC 126 Main Event

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

----PAPERBOY----

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sergio Non caught up with UFC President Dana White at the UFC 126 press conference, and White admitted his main event on Saturday night might fall flat:

"I'm going to be honest here -- I'm not going to be a promoter here, but let's be honest. This thing could be the most dynamic, incredible (freaking) fight we've ever seen -- or the worst staring competition in the history of mankind. All I care about is that both these guys come and let it go and fight the fight we know we could possibly see."

LINK

Post #1   2/2/11 11:39:32PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Especially with the way anderson has been fighting lately. Vitor could just wait for an opening and then it could into a dance competition.

If this fight actually has a finish that would be nice and if anderson gets tko'd that be great too and the packers win the super bowl, perfect weekend.

Post #2   2/3/11 1:11:47AM   

jaketheripper

Learning to Sprawl

jaketheripper Avatar

Career:353-255
Camp: RB CSF 209
Chips:
Even if the silva-belfort fight goes south, there will be plenty of action amongst the rest of the card. looking foward to cerrone-kelley on the prelims.

Post #3   2/3/11 4:14:26AM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,568-1,403
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I dont know why, but for some reason I dont think Vitor's gonna get pulled into that game. He may get KO'd for it, but I think Belfort is gonna bring it.

Post #4   2/3/11 11:26:56AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

I dont know why, but for some reason I dont think Vitor's gonna get pulled into that game. He may get KO'd for it, but I think Belfort is gonna bring it.

Agree....I hope both fighters bring it and will make it epic....wouldn't be surprised if Anderson falls back on his dancing though.

Post #5   2/3/11 11:42:10AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Anderson can dance and go on with antics all he wants but Vitor doesnt fight like that. He is going after Silva and I suspect it will be a short night for somebody. Im going with Vitor in this one. I think mentally he is in a much better state than Silva. Silva has been getting blasted from everybody for most of his performances lately which i think has played with his mind a little.

Post #6   2/3/11 1:59:18PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:
Did anyone else think Silva was trying to say something with that dancing? Did he not show all of us that Maia was terrified of him? He jumped all over him just shaking his arms around and screaming things at him like a Diaz brother and he didn't do ish about it. He isn't going to be doing that with Vitor because Vitor isn't going to be clamming up like the scared puppy Maia was.

This fight is going to say a lot about Anderson. It's going to be a fun one to watch. I think they are doing the opposite of advertising this on purpose. They want to keep our expectations low so however this goes it is exciting. Kind of like reverse psychology.

Post #7   2/3/11 3:35:08PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i think it will start slow but pick up. i actually wouldnt be suprised if it went to a decision. im really not all that excited about this fight, more excited about griffin/franklin and bader/jones. i just think that these guys have alot more to prove so they will be willing to throw down more.

Post #8   2/4/11 2:50:53AM