Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

For Antonio Silva, Strikeforce tourney starts and ends with Fedor Emelianenko

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Fedor Emelianenko (32-2 MMA, 1-1 SF) is the title, tournament, and big fish all wrapped into one, says Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (15-2 MMA, 2-1 SF).

He's not even remotely concerned about what comes next.

Some look at Silva as a mere placeholder for the Russian's advance in the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix. "Bigfoot" says they're about to get a big surprise, just like they did this past summer.

Silva said he was supposed to lose to Andrei Arlovski this past May at "Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery." The former UFC champion had hit the skids with back-to-back losses against Emelianenko and Brett Rogers, and he needed a win. Silva would be the pivot for a career turnaround.

LINK

Post #1   2/1/11 11:45:44PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
i wouldnt be suprised if fedor loses to silva. theres a lot of people still swinging on fedor's nuts but he hasnt been active in the sport and his last 2 fights IMO have been less than impressive. rogers was puting a hurt on him before fedor rocked him and then IMO the ref was a little quick with the stoppage. then theres the obvious loss to werdum who has never impressed me in anyway even with his ground game. overeem handled rogers and IMO he'll do the same to fedor if they meet in the tourney.

Post #2   2/2/11 1:56:23AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I'll take Fedor over Silva 10-10 times. Any given Saturday Night, I guess, but this really is a favorable match-up for Fedor. That being said, if Silva wins, I'm prepared to discuss the beginning of the decline of the Last Emporer

Post #3   2/2/11 4:11:08AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think Fedor is going to break his hand on Bigfoot's face from the first punch. Bigfoot doesnt move his head well and its a big target. Fedor normally breaks his hands against bigger fighters who dont move well.

That may be detrimental to Fedor if he doesnt finish him in that onslaught.

Post #4   2/2/11 4:22:44AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I think Fedor is going to break his hand on Bigfoot's face from the first punch. Bigfoot doesnt move his head well and its a big target. Fedor normally breaks his hands against bigger fighters who dont move well.

That may be detrimental to Fedor if he doesnt finish him in that onslaught.

Good point.

Completely forgot about Fedor and his "glass fist"

Post #5   2/2/11 4:26:32AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,629-1,436
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The way Silva got dropped by Mike Kyle, no way Im picking him over Fedor.

Also, no way was Fedors win over Rogers an early stoppage imo. He knocked him clean out.

Post #6   2/2/11 11:08:26AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Silva was right though, his tournament will end with Fedor.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   2/2/11 3:40:36PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
One loss and people forget everything about your career...

Post #8   2/2/11 4:20:29PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Hardly, but Fedor's hand has been broken in just about every fight lately. Not to mention the names and amount of fights he's had HAS to be catching up with his age. I said, I'd discuss his decline, not devalue his legacy or accomplishments.

Fedor could also win this tournament and show that he's still the best in the world despite not having fought top level fighters consistently since Pride.

Post #9   2/2/11 5:00:35PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by bjj1605

Hardly, but Fedor's hand has been broken in just about every fight lately. Not to mention the names and amount of fights he's had HAS to be catching up with his age. I said, I'd discuss his decline, not devalue his legacy or accomplishments.

Fedor could also win this tournament and show that he's still the best in the world despite not having fought top level fighters consistently since Pride.

The comment wasn't really directed towards you. I think Fedor was a great fighter, probably the best in the world at one time. I think that when Pride collapsed and he didn't come to the UFC he instantly bruised his legacy. Since then whether or not he's been the best HW has been a debate instead of a fact. I try to strike a balance between the nuthuggery of Fedor that is so rampant and the opposing view that he's garbage and always was.

Post #10   2/2/11 6:29:50PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by bjj1605

The comment wasn't really directed towards you. I think Fedor was a great fighter, probably the best in the world at one time. I think that when Pride collapsed and he didn't come to the UFC he instantly bruised his legacy. Since then whether or not he's been the best HW has been a debate instead of a fact. I try to strike a balance between the nuthuggery of Fedor that is so rampant and the opposing view that he's garbage and always was.

Gotcha, I figured since I tossed out the word "decline" it might have been directed toward me. Normally if you've only lost three fights in your career and people toss out the word "decline" after two consecutive losses, begin begin to say "come on" he's the best ever. At a certain point, you have to question his age, coupled with his recent hand surgeries, coupled with the number of fights he's had against tough, tough opponents.

Post #11   2/3/11 12:19:33AM