Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jake Ellenberger Ready for Carlos Rocha at UFC 126, Wants Jon Fitch

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Opportunities come and go in the life of a fighter and for welterweight power-wrestler Jake Ellenberger, both sides of the coin look familiar. At 25 years old and nearly 30 fights into his career, the Nebraska native is already a veteran of the sport. Over the past six years Ellenberger has made the most of several last minute changes, including a call from the UFC to face former WEC champion Carlos Condit after MMA veteran Chris Lytle was forced out with injury. Ultimately the judges would decide in favor of Condit but Ellenberger made an impression with the UFC as his gritty performance earned him a place on the roster.

Coming off the Condit fight, Ellenberger found victory in his next two appearances. In his most recent showing against the always dangerous John "Doomsday" Howard, Ellenberger neutralized Howard's striking attack and utilized a full scale ground and pound display. Midway through the third round the bout was stopped by the ringside doctor due to the damage Howard's eye had absorbed. Back to back wins has the future looking bright and even after a bout with Jon Fitch came and went, Ellenberger is ready to make his climb. In his Bloody Elbow Exclusive interview Ellenberger talked about a future bout with Jon Fitch, his upcoming matchup with Carlos Eduardo Rocha at UFC 126 and took a look back at his recent victory over "Doomsday".

LINK

Post #1   1/31/11 4:12:23PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,455-865
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I really like Ellenberger's fighting style.

WAR Ellenberger!

Post #2   1/31/11 10:07:57PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Jake had to be the happiest guy on the planet when Fitch was rescheduled to fight Penn

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   1/31/11 10:11:26PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,491-903
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I bet Fitch was stoked more than anyone! He's been getting screwed by Dana for a while. He should be fighting for the title in April, not Shields. Hell, Kampmann should've gotten a shot before Shields.

But if Fitch beats BJ and isn't the first contender for the 170lb strap after GSP-Shields.... I will have absolutely no respect for Dana White whatsoever, and I have all kinds of respect for him now...

Last edited 1/31/11 11:06PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   1/31/11 10:42:55PM   

mmamatt81

Learning to Sprawl

mmamatt81 Avatar

Career:477-337
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Can't find anywhere that Chris lytle is out WTF i am going to 127 that was going to be a barnburner

Post #5   2/1/11 7:21:58AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,976-1,224
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I first saw him fight vs. Condit, and even though he lost, I was very impressed... I enjoy watching him fight

Post #6   2/1/11 8:37:48AM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,741-916
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Jake had to be the happiest guy on the planet when Fitch was rescheduled to fight Penn

I don't think so. Win or lose against Fitch, you're in against the number 2 guy in the division who is ranked p4p. That is an amazing opportunity for Jake - and a win win scenario. Rocha, not so much.

Post #7   2/1/11 12:04:47PM