Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Melvin Guillard Quote About Florian

Print  
Posted By Message

RPMMA

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Check out the interview that Guillard did with mmafightcorner on fiveknuckles.com. This guy is insane. He says he will destroy Florian. Never happening. Not in a million years.

Post #1   1/27/11 3:36:39PM   

Biggz

Standup Guy

Biggz Avatar

Career:267-204
Camp: Untouchables
Chips:
I dont know man. I think it would be a good fight. Melvin seems to look better every time he fights. Plus it would be a good way to determine where Melvin really is in the division. Plus i agree with Melvin, Florian has had his chance/CHANCES and he choked........or i should say got choked!

Post #2   1/27/11 3:45:26PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm not going to doubt Guillard anymore. I didn't give him a chance against Stephens or Dunham. He's improving, and considering the power he has in his striking, that's scary. At this point, I'd give him a chance against Florian. With power like that, all it takes is one hit, and Florian doesn't shy away from banging it out on his feet.

I'd like to see how the fight plays out, but I don't think Florian deserves the chance. He needs to take a step back from the title picture for a while. Two chances, two loses, and he hasn't improved since then, so he just needs to wait and worry about stepping his game up.

Post #3   1/27/11 4:21:54PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Melvin is with a great camp now so i think his submission defense has probably improved quite a bit. However, i still think if it hits the mat Florian could possibly finish but on the feet i give the advantage to Melvin. Great fight though.

Post #4   1/27/11 7:15:15PM   

RustyRedWood206

Learning to Sprawl

Career:11-7
Chips:
Melvin's priming out right now, it will be hard for anyone to deal with him.

Post #5   1/27/11 10:52:34PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Melvin would absolutely wreck Kenny Florian.

Post #6   1/28/11 4:07:46PM