Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Super Bowl XLV/45-Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh

Print  
Who Wins SB XLV?
(This poll is closed.)
Green Bay 18 55%
Pittsburgh 13 39%
The Commercials! 2 6%
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
So who wins? The Cheeseheads or the Terrible Towels? Or are you the type who admittedly watches just for the commercials? (And Budweiser already has begun teasing their 2011 SB spots as of yesterday, at least one or two of their trademark Clydesdales spots)
As much as I hate doing so, I have to give the edge to Pittsburgh mainly because they appear to have a slightly better offense (especially the run) and defense. Green Bay definitely can compete with them but they have to step up on both sides and prevent the big play by Pittsburgh's offense that always seems to come at the right (or not) moment.

Last edited 2/6/11 7:18PM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: n/a

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   1/24/11 7:49:08AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
Black and Yellow ahhh Black and Yellow!!!!! My concern is Pouncey's injury I heard early reports of a high ankle sprain but I also read he said he will be fine for the Super Bowl.

Post #2   1/24/11 8:01:25AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
GO PACK.

Post #3   1/24/11 8:33:41AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,151-1,732
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It pains me that the Pack are playing in yet another super bowl. Hope the Steelers get the W.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   1/24/11 9:09:35AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:3,115-1,776
Chips:

The Steelers had a good year, it's going to be a tough off season for them though.

Post #5   1/24/11 9:37:05AM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by kopower

It pains me that the Pack are playing in yet another super bowl. Hope the Steelers get the W.

especially with the way teams have been seemingly laying down for the pack. hopefully the steelers won't just simply roll over.

Post #6   1/24/11 10:58:26AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,410-903
Chips:

Posted by papercut

Posted by kopower

especially with the way teams have been seemingly laying down for the pack. hopefully the steelers won't just simply roll over.

Wait...haven't the Steelers played in the most Super Bowls ever? Don't they have the most titles? The Steelers will be in their third in the last six years, right? The Pack haven't been back in over ten.

I'll likely not watch this game, or at least the entirety of it. I'd rather not see either team win if possible, and the Black Eyed Pea's aren't making me more likely to watch it either.

Post #7   1/24/11 11:03:04AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

the Black Eyed Pea's

Chads all across America are rejoicing...

Post #8   1/24/11 11:11:27AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by papercut

Posted by kopower

Wait...haven't the Steelers played in the most Super Bowls ever? Don't they have the most titles? The Steelers will be in their third in the last six years, right? The Pack haven't been back in over ten.

I'll likely not watch this game, or at least the entirety of it. I'd rather not see either team win if possible, and the Black Eyed Pea's aren't making me more likely to watch it either.

I am so darn sick of hearing that one song of theirs at the start of every darn sporting event on TV, radio, whatever. Same for whatever those two other songs are that they get the crowd going along with.

Post #9   1/24/11 11:35:31AM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
I'll be cheering against the Steelers more than I will be cheering for the Packers. I have to admit I do kind of like this Packers team though.

Post #10   1/24/11 4:22:57PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,151-1,732
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by papercut

Posted by kopower

I'm a Vikings fan so the Packers just being in 1 Super Bowl in the last 10 years seems like plenty.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #11   1/24/11 8:01:21PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

As much as I hate doing so, I have to give the edge to Pittsburgh mainly because they appear to have a slightly better offense (especially the run) and defense. Green Bay definitely can compete with them but they have to step up on both sides and prevent the big play by Pittsburgh's offense that always seems to come at the right (or not) moment.

Out of curiosity, how on earth does Green Bay need to step up on both sides?

Packers defense is the number two defense in the NFL. They're only allowing 15 PPG compared to Pittsburgh's 14.5. They've forced turnovers in every single playoff game. Scored multiple touchdowns off those turnovers and have housed several interceptions.

When B.J. Raji drops into coverage, reads a route, intercepts the pass, and returns it for a touchdown, I'd say your defense is doing just fine.

Interesting sidenote, B.J. Raji, at 337 lbs, passed Refrigerator Perry as the heaviest man to ever score a touchdown in the NFL.

There's a fun fact for you.

Packers need to minimize their turnovers on offense, but Aaron Rodgers is playing lights out in the post season and has been picking apart defenses left and right.

Also, the Packers are an opening favorite in Vegas. They're -2.5 right now. It's early, but the oddsmakers have them favored, but sadly, the expect a BUNCH of money to pour in on Green Bay, actually.

Post #12   1/24/11 8:17:25PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Steelers by a major blowout.....won't even be close.

Post #13   1/24/11 9:34:52PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,410-903
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by DCRage

Out of curiosity, how on earth does Green Bay need to step up on both sides?

Packers defense is the number two defense in the NFL. They're only allowing 15 PPG compared to Pittsburgh's 14.5. They've forced turnovers in every single playoff game. Scored multiple touchdowns off those turnovers and have housed several interceptions.

When B.J. Raji drops into coverage, reads a route, intercepts the pass, and returns it for a touchdown, I'd say your defense is doing just fine.

Interesting sidenote, B.J. Raji, at 337 lbs, passed Refrigerator Perry as the heaviest man to ever score a touchdown in the NFL.

There's a fun fact for you.

Packers need to minimize their turnovers on offense, but Aaron Rodgers is playing lights out in the post season and has been picking apart defenses left and right.

Also, the Packers are an opening favorite in Vegas. They're -2.5 right now. It's early, but the oddsmakers have them favored, but sadly, the expect a BUNCH of money to pour in on Green Bay, actually.

I can agree with you on all of this...except the part about Aaron Rodgers playing lights out. In the post season you're only as good as your last game, and to say he "picked apart" the Bears is laughable. 17/30 244 yards and 2 picks. You see what happens when he plays a great defense. He's going to have a world of trouble against the Steelers, but I still think it'll be a close game.

Post #14   1/25/11 8:24:11AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:3,115-1,776
Chips:
The Packers offense went south about midway through the second quarter in the Bears game, but they were just saving it for the Super Bowl.

Rodgers is about as accurate as they come so I don't worry about him playing the Steelers D, but I do worry about the o-line holding up. Even when the line fails Rodgers he still has the elusiveness to make plays though, it's what elite QB's do. I don't think the game will be close, the Packers will play their game, go up big fairly early, then have to hold on for the win in some tense moments down the stretch. For those that don't know, the Packers haven't lost by more than 4 all year and in their 6 losses they lost by a total of 20. No one is blowing this team out, and if you think the Steelers will, you not knowin'.

Post #15   1/25/11 8:36:26AM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4