Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC FFTT 2: The Losers Aftermath

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
With UFC FFTT 2 now in the books it's time once again to play prognosticator with regards to last night's losers and where they perhaps go from here, namely what their potential UFC future looks like. As usual these are just my predictions, agree or disagree accordingly:
Will Campuzano-Gone. That's 3 Zuffa losses in a row, and only 1-4 between UFC & WEC. His only win in the last year didn't even come in Zuffa.
Amilcar Alves-Gone. Now if he could change his first name to Thiago then maybe he sticks around, but he doesn't have the name to survive the Losing Streak Of Doom. 0-2 since starting his career 11-1.
Willamy Friere (Chequerim)-Push. Tough way to start a UFC career, and losing to journeyman Waylon Lowe no less. Chalk this one up to perhaps adjusting to the UFC style after fighting mainly in Japan & Brazil and give him one more chance.
Mike Brown-Gone. What a fall, right up there with Thales Leites. Just 18 months or so ago he was the seemingly dominant WEC Featherweight Champion and had Urijah Faber's number. Since that second Faber fight he's only 2-4. What's happened? Hopefully he rights the ship in the indies although time may now be against him (he's 35).
Mike Guymon-Gone. Jokers are wild in cards but they won't help you when you're 1-3 in UFC. Needs to work on submission defense-his 3 UFC losses all are by 1st round tapout.
Cody McKenzie-Push. In his defense, Yves Edwards is a HUGE step up from TUF.Maybe too big a step. I'd give him one more shot and try to build him back up.
Cole Miller-Safe. Oddly, his UFC record indicates he was due to lose. He's gone win, win, loss, win, win, loss, win, win, loss. Back to prelims for now.
Joey Beltran-Gone. Losing Streak Of Doom plus 3 decisions in 4 fights isn't the best combo, and the TKO over Rolles Gracie wasn't then most convincing.
George Roop-Gone. Including the Draw last year, he's only won once in his last 5 fights.
Tim hague-Gone. Again. That was a quick trip back. Lather, rinse, repeat in the indies?
Evan Dunham-Push. I want to say Safe because he's still a solid 4-2 in UFC but he's now on the Losing Streak Of Doom and it's maybe not the best thing to be leading UFC in split decisions (3 in his last 5). I would still be surprised if he's cut.

Post #1   1/23/11 1:42:11PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Yeah I was thinking Brown gone but UFC might give him one more chance, losing a SD to Nunes and then taking the Yahya fight on short notice and a former champ.

I think Roop will be given another shot.

Post #2   1/23/11 1:52:37PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

With UFC FFTT 2 now in the books it's time once again to play prognosticator with regards to last night's losers and where they perhaps go from here, namely what their potential UFC future looks like. As usual these are just my predictions, agree or disagree accordingly:
Will Campuzano-Gone. That's 3 Zuffa losses in a row, and only 1-4 between UFC & WEC. His only win in the last year didn't even come in Zuffa.
Amilcar Alves-Gone. Now if he could change his first name to Thiago then maybe he sticks around, but he doesn't have the name to survive the Losing Streak Of Doom. 0-2 since starting his career 11-1.
Willamy Friere (Chequerim)-Push. Tough way to start a UFC career, and losing to journeyman Waylon Lowe no less. Chalk this one up to perhaps adjusting to the UFC style after fighting mainly in Japan & Brazil and give him one more chance.
Mike Brown-Gone. What a fall, right up there with Thales Leites. Just 18 months or so ago he was the seemingly dominant WEC Featherweight Champion and had Urijah Faber's number. Since that second Faber fight he's only 2-4. What's happened? Hopefully he rights the ship in the indies although time may now be against him (he's 35).
Mike Guymon-Gone. Jokers are wild in cards but they won't help you when you're 1-3 in UFC. Needs to work on submission defense-his 3 UFC losses all are by 1st round tapout.
Cody McKenzie-Push. In his defense, Yves Edwards is a HUGE step up from TUF.Maybe too big a step. I'd give him one more shot and try to build him back up.
Cole Miller-Safe. Oddly, his UFC record indicates he was due to lose. He's gone win, win, loss, win, win, loss, win, win, loss. Back to prelims for now.
Joey Beltran-Gone. Losing Streak Of Doom plus 3 decisions in 4 fights isn't the best combo, and the TKO over Rolles Gracie wasn't then most convincing.
George Roop-Gone. Including the Draw last year, he's only won once in his last 5 fights.
Tim hague-Gone. Again. That was a quick trip back. Lather, rinse, repeat in the indies?
Evan Dunham-Push. I want to say Safe because he's still a solid 4-2 in UFC but he's now on the Losing Streak Of Doom and it's maybe not the best thing to be leading UFC in split decisions (3 in his last 5). I would still be surprised if he's cut.

Mike Brown - I don't think he's gone just yet. He was screwed out of a decision against Nunes and came in on short notice for his last fight. He has a lot of hardcore WEC fans too. Not to mention he still has a handful of interesting fights the UFC could use to fill a spot on a Fight Night card or PPV prelim. It would be a tough loss for Dana if he does decide to let him go.

Mike Guymon - He's gone. There was a video from after his ight (On BloodyElbow I believe) that showed him with Johnson in the locker room and he said that he's finally happy to let it go and retire, and that fighting was just too much stress. I think hee also mentioned it in his post fight interview.

Cody Mckenzie - I think he's safe. A lot of fans seem to like him and I admit that he grew on me during TUF. It was a huge step up in competition for him and he's improved since the show, and will probably continue. With an interesting personality and two fight awards (Submission Of The Night and Fight Of The Night) I think he deserves another fight.

Evan Dunham - Safe. Dana admitted after the Sherk fight that Dunham was screwed out of the win, and a loss to Guillard is nothing he can't bounce back from. He's still young and can only improve.

Post #3   1/23/11 3:46:42PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,380-1,274
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Top 3 gone on my list is

Guymon for sure
Amir alves
And for sure will campuzano

Mike brown. Who knows
Beltran the same

Hague record of 1-4 in ufc now is bad

Everyone else is safe

Post #4   1/23/11 6:56:54PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

What is the deal with Roop, his record is less than impressive. He is 2-4 in his fights with WEC/UFC and one of the wins was a SD. I'm not hating but why was he in a #1 contender match?

Post #5   1/23/11 7:13:15PM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:906-530
Chips:

Will Campuzano -- He will be cut.

Amilcar Alves -- He will be cut.

Willamy Friere (Chequerim) -- He will be given another fight. He might be able to take a fight at FW.

Mike Brown -- He did a favor by taking a fight on short notice, UFC likes that (most of the time that is) he gets one more chance.

Mike Guymon -- He will be cut.

Cody McKenzie -- He will be given another fight. Probably against a bit lower opposition like TJ O'Brien.

Cole Miller -- Safe, I dont think he can get a fight with Cerrone, but i'd say put him in a fight with Joe Stevenson.

Joey Beltran -- In this instance, safe. Its hard to find quality heavyweights, and Beltran is 2-2; heck they've kept giving Hague chances because they couldnt find any other quality HW's. Beltran will be given another fight.

George Roop -- He will be given another fight.

Tim Hague -- He will be cut.

Evan Dunham -- Safe. He probably gets a fight with a guy like Jeremy Stephens.

Post #6   1/23/11 7:55:42PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
You shouldn't include Roops 155lb matches during the UFC (which btw werent bad, a split loss, a win, and a decent showing against G-Sot). He cut too much weight for Winland. Just counting his Featherweight record he's 1-1-1 and its all been against good guys. Heck I had him winning the Garcia bout.

Post #7   1/23/11 8:33:42PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:
Will Campuzano-Gone.
Amilcar Alves-Push Could get cut i think 1 more chance.
Willamy Friere (Chequerim- Safe gets another shot.
Mike Brown-As safe as it gets.....Short notice fight as a favor, former champ. he will get mid level comp next fight if he loses that he is gone.
Mike Guymon-gone
Cody McKenzie-Safe big step up on short notice for a favor.
Joey Beltran-Push. This one could go either way, if they cut him and he wins a fight or two they will grab him real quick again.
George Roop-safe.
Tim hague-Gone.
Evan Dunham-Safe.

Post #8   1/23/11 10:03:23PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,393-817
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Hague is the new glass Joe

Post #9   1/23/11 10:14:16PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
I dont think Brown gets cut, he was a former champ, varner got 3 shots etc

Beltran may get another fight because of the lack of fighters at heavyweight

McKenzie will be cut after his next fight lol

Post #10   1/23/11 11:13:04PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i see brown staying for 1 more shot. if he loses again its over. and you cant really send McKenzie packing after getting an award for the second time.

Post #11   1/24/11 12:02:04AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

What is the deal with Roop, his record is less than impressive. He is 2-4 in his fights with WEC/UFC and one of the wins was a SD. I'm not hating but why was he in a #1 contender match?

Roop would not have gotten a shot at Aldo if he won. Only Hominick had a title shot at stake, Roop was (I think) an injury replacement.

Post #12   1/24/11 7:44:41AM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:
Will Campuzano-Gone.
Amilcar Alves-Gone.
Willamy Friere (Chequerim)-Push. Wasn't supposed to fight Lowe if I remember correctly plus he's young and looked fairly good in the loss
Mike Brown-Gone.
Mike Guymon-Gone.
Cody McKenzie-Gone, he's not that good of a fighter and has only BJJ
Cole Miller-Safe.
Joey Beltran-Gone.
George Roop-Gone.
Tim hague-Gone. Again, didn't know why they let him back in out of all the heavyweights
Evan Dunham-Push. Could get cut but I don't think they will

Post #13   1/24/11 3:34:33PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:
And the first one to go did so today-Hague. 3rd time he's gotten Das Boot by UFC. He already said he'll make it back though, and is considering a drop to 205 as well.

Post #14   1/27/11 2:23:30PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

And the first one to go did so today-Hague. 3rd time he's gotten Das Boot by UFC. He already said he'll make it back though, and is considering a drop to 205 as well.

Really? a drop to 205?...

That would be bad news for him.

Post #15   1/27/11 3:47:58PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2