Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Alex Caceres Drops To Featherweight, Meets Semerzier At UFN 24

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
"Bruce Leroy" is coming to Seattle. UFC executives officially announced that "The Ultimate Fighter 12" cast member Alex Caceres is dropping to 145 pounds and faces WEC import Mackens Semerzier at "UFC Fight Night 24: Ortiz vs. Nogueira." The 22-year-old Caceres makes his official UFC debut after an often-controversial run on "The Ultimate Fighter 12: Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck." While the athletic Caceres looked impressive in two submission wins while in the house, his brash, cocky attitude often drew the ire of his housemates. Caceres ultimately was eliminated in the quarterfinals by eventual finalist Michael Johnson. Nevertheless, Caceres showed enough promise to warrant a return call from the UFC, and he was expected to face Nam Phan on the season's live finale, though an injury suffered in training forced him to delay his octagon debut. Meanwhile, Semerzier enters the UFC on a rare three-fight losing streak under the Zuffa banner.

Article

Post #1   1/22/11 8:25:06AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,416-1,238
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I don't think Mackens and Caceres could put on a boring fight if they tried. I'd assume Mackens is taking the fight pretty serious with his job on the line. Might not be a fun introduction for Alex.

Post #2   1/22/11 9:14:30AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I hope Semerzier ruins Caceres' life. He was an annoying bastard on the show.

Post #3   1/22/11 10:59:40PM