Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cesar Gracie explains why Diaz chose Strikeforce over UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Diaz recently signed an extension with Strikeforce. Though Gracie could not discuss the exact terms, he said reports the contract was for a three-year deal were inaccurate.

He confirmed that the UFC was interested in Diaz but noted that the decision was ultimately made to stay with Strikeforce because Diaz's brother Nate and his main training partner Jake Shields also fight in the UFC's welterweight class.

Diaz, however, is not closing the door on a return to the UFC (he fought 10 times for the promotion between 2003-2006, going 6-4).

LINK

Post #1   1/20/11 9:58:15AM   

TheBestEVER

MMA Regular

TheBestEVER Avatar

Career:519-308
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
I know it would most likely never happen but I am dying to see a brother vs. brother match-up on a big time show. The Diaz brothers fighting each other would be one of the best fights of all time! I don't blame guys for not fighting teammates or brothers but I am saying there could be some great fights if they did!!

Post #2   1/20/11 10:45:10AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,009-1,234
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by TheBestEVER

I know it would most likely never happen but I am dying to see a brother vs. brother match-up on a big time show. The Diaz brothers fighting each other would be one of the best fights of all time! I don't blame guys for not fighting teammates or brothers but I am saying there could be some great fights if they did!!

that would be awesome...id do it in a heartbeat

Post #3   1/20/11 12:05:24PM   

xburbx

MMA Regular

xburbx Avatar

Career:645-394
Camp: rafrojas
Chips:
saturday....no contract

Post #4   1/20/11 1:05:27PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dana probably won't admit trying to sign Diaz. He might go down the "We could care less about him, he's not the best" road like he did with Fedor.

Post #5   1/20/11 2:28:02PM   

Lil_Copper

Learning to Sprawl

Lil_Copper Avatar

Career:101-70
Chips:
But in this case, its true!
lol

Post #6   1/20/11 3:18:36PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Lil_Copper

But in this case, its true!
lol

He's better than his brother. UFC has the wrong Diaz.

Post #7   1/20/11 9:33:42PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by TheBestEVER

Nick would destroy Nate

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   1/20/11 9:49:22PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by TheBestEVER

Nick would destroy Nate

This is true, but Nate would have finished Noons.

Styles make match-ups, and i think Nate has better takedowns, longer reach and nastier offensive jiu-jitsu. Nick has the better stand-up and conditioning.

I dont think one is all that much better than the other, But i would say that Nate has more potential whereas Nick has peaked.

Post #9   1/20/11 10:06:10PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by TheBestEVER

Nick would destroy Nate

Styles make match-ups, and i think Nate has better takedowns, longer reach and nastier offensive jiu-jitsu. Nick has the better stand-up and conditioning.

I dont think one is all that much better than the other, But i would say that Nate has more potential whereas Nick has peaked.

I don't know.... I guess I agree with the takedowns. But for the most part I think Nate is a slightly less impressive version of Nick.

Post #10   1/20/11 11:06:34PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,394-765
Chips:

Nick Diaz
"I'd be happy to move up," he said. "It's just I'd like to get paid for it."

Post #11   1/21/11 2:51:36PM   

Lil_Copper

Learning to Sprawl

Lil_Copper Avatar

Career:101-70
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by TheBestEVER

Nick would destroy Nate

I don't know.... I guess I agree with the takedowns. But for the most part I think Nate is a slightly less impressive version of Nick.

This

Post #12   1/21/11 3:09:35PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
I don't agree with most people so far on this post. They are both as middle of the road as each other in my opinion.

Post #13   1/21/11 5:36:05PM