Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Former TapouT employee sues for being forced to watch UFC

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

I don't think there's a point in replying. I made a very clear cut statement that wasn't agreeable on your end...each response takes off in a new direction. I stand by my original statement.

Sales rep or model, it doesn't really matter to me, since the employer dictates responsibility, not a title. The last and final thing I'll say is that it is not illegal under certain conditions to require an employee to do things on their own time. For example, if she was a salary employee, it would easily be within their right to request this.

If it was in her contract, you're right.

If it was not in her contract, then no, they cannot dictate anything that wasn't signed and agreed upon prior to employment with regard to personal time.

You're also right about title not really mattering, but I suppose I could make a larger case for a sales rep needing to watch UFC events more so than a model. I feel I've stayed fairly on track with this particular conversation. I just don't feel that the analogies you have given are applicable to these circumstances.

I'll say this about my points, however, all of mine are only valid if the allegations are proven to be true. I'm operating on the basis that the claims are true. Either way, I would never personally work for a company that required me to pay for anything on my own personal time without reimbursement. It's a personal value of mine. Certifications, as you mentioned, are entirely different. They're essential to the job function and keeps you abreast of newer technology.

To each his own, I suppose.

Post #31   1/21/11 5:08:44PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,549-1,359
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Boo hoo

Post #32   1/21/11 7:46:53PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3