Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Stann Back: Wanderlei Silva Isn't The Only One On "All Ameican" Notice

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Brian Stann also seems to have Michael Bisping in his sights, and he thinks he could even take that other Silva at Middleweight. "Hopefully, my next fight will be Wanderlei Silva, who is obviously a legend in the sport, and it would be an honour to fight... Michael Bisping, an amazing fighter who has truly distinguished himself in the weight class. I think Bisping will get a title shot. He has proved himself to be an exciting, all-round fighter and has the ranking. Guys like Michael Bisping and Wanderlei have what I want in the sport - the respect and the rankings, and that's where I want to be. They always put on exciting fights, and that's very important to the UFC. Yes, I think I have the skills to compete with Anderson Silva. He is a few levels above the rest of the division and I'm a fight or two away from that. People wonder if I have a ground game, too. I do. It's just that a lot of fans haven't seen it. Me against him (GSP)? I'd knock him out, before he puts me on my butt three times. I've trained with GSP, and he's a great guy and great for the sport."

Article

Post #1   1/19/11 7:48:55AM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I'd love to see Stann/Bisping, Stann/Wand is interesting as well...

Post #2   1/19/11 11:28:25AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Wouldn't surprise me to see Bisping make some offensive comments towards the American military at some point leading up to the fight, which will piss off the American fans..

Annnnd that will once again lead to another highlight reel knockout for America to cheer about!

Seriously though, I'd love to see Stann knock Bisping out.

Post #3   1/19/11 2:59:58PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,254-836
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Wouldn't surprise me to see Bisping make some offensive comments towards the American military at some point leading up to the fight, which will piss off the American fans..

Annnnd that will once again lead to another highlight reel knockout for America to cheer about!

Seriously though, I'd love to see Stann knock Bisping out.

Why would he say something like that?

The UK and USA are both fighting in the same wars, side by side...

Post #4   1/19/11 3:26:30PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I would like to see bisping vs maia
But stann vs bisping sounds good as well

Post #5   1/19/11 3:28:15PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I see Stann winning against Wand & Bisping.

Post #6   1/19/11 6:01:51PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Seems Stann has more confidence than ever after his KO of Leben. I think he's a pretty good fighter, but I don't think it will be too long before someone knocks him off the high horse. He may be competitive against the likes of Wanderlei or Bisping, but someone like Anderson Silva would destroy him within one round. Without something short of a miracle, I highly doubt he'll ever be a chamion in the UFC.

Post #7   1/19/11 6:26:20PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I dont think he beats Wandy or Bisping.

Leben was moving in slow motion against stann. That win isnt so impressive to me. I think Bisping would outpoint him and Wandy would stop him.

Post #8   1/19/11 7:00:34PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,069-1,288
Chips:
Can someone please shut this guy up!
Hes way to nice for my liking and this military character he got going on drives me insane! Every time he opens his mouth its something about the dam military!

One decent win and all of a sudden he can knock GSP out.........rant over

Post #9   1/19/11 11:03:06PM   

TheBestEVER

MMA Regular

TheBestEVER Avatar

Career:519-308
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
Brian Stann looks reborn at 185 and out to take dudes out. Stann is great for the UFC and if he can continue to call out top guys and knock them cold then the UFC could look to build him up as one of the upcoming sensations in the division. He is arguably the most respectable fighter in all of MMA and on top of the way he fights, he can become a huge star. Bisping vs. Stann would be a dream!

Post #10   1/20/11 10:59:42AM   

basbylivershot

Learning to Sprawl

basbylivershot Avatar

Career:828-450
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Stann's a troll - sweet - hear the crap he's spewing about GSP

Post #11   1/20/11 11:35:57PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
stann looked good in his last few fights especially against leban. i think they should give him the fights he wants i.e. wandy bisping. and to the person who says that stann is too nice, thats ridiculous. hes a professional, the exact kind of fighter MMA needs representing the sport. and i know people from the UK dont care about our military but the guy's patriot in the united states.

Post #12   1/20/11 11:42:33PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,254-836
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

stann looked good in his last few fights especially against leban. i think they should give him the fights he wants i.e. wandy bisping. and to the person who says that stann is too nice, thats ridiculous. hes a professional, the exact kind of fighter MMA needs representing the sport. and i know people from the UK dont care about our military but the guy's patriot in the united states.

Don't know where you're getting the idea that people in the UK don't care about your military - however I guess they care about their own military who are fighting in the same conflict somewhat more, which is the same as in the States. I find your remark offensive.

Post #13   1/21/11 4:04:32AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by moob

Posted by tcunningham

Don't know where you're getting the idea that people in the UK don't care about your military - however I guess they care about their own military who are fighting in the same conflict somewhat more, which is the same as in the States. I find your remark offensive.

There are some peeps on here who really think there is this deep rivalry between UK and USA

We are supposed to be partners in crime (for want of a better phrase)

Post #14   1/21/11 5:40:05PM   

BigCountryFedor

Banned for Cheating

BigCountryFedor Avatar

Career:653-352
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Bisping is overrated but he would beat Stann if he doesnt get hit flush.

Post #15   1/22/11 2:42:40AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2