Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BJ Penn vs. Jon Fitch: Who Will Be the More Dangerous Fighter

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
Fitch spoke to USA Today back in November and when he was asked if he thought he had to finish fights more often he replied, “Yeah. I basically feel like I haven't done the appropriate job of putting the exclamation point at the end of my sentences. I take that as a personal challenge to myself, because as a martial artist, I need to be evolving and getting better. If I keep winning fights the same way, I don't see myself as evolving. If we're not evolving in martial arts, then we're dead.”

Link

Post #1   1/18/11 5:08:53PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Chips:
In my opinion BJ will be the more dangerous fighter but Fitch will ultimately grind out a victory. I don't see BJ knocking out or subing Fitch. I'm a huge Penn fan but Fitch is too big and strong. I hope I'm wrong...

Post #2   1/18/11 5:31:36PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Chips:
Here is the link to a fan made promo for this fight, it's pretty good, now I'm really psyched for this fight:

Link

Post #3   1/18/11 5:45:45PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
My answer is Fitch.

Post #4   1/18/11 6:08:36PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,215-1,365
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:
BJ is more dangerous Fitch is just a round winner. I can see fitch humping the hell out of BJ for 2 rounds then BJ giving up and just laying there taking it.

Post #5   1/18/11 7:22:14PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,499-886
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I guess 'dangerous' is a subjective term.
I didn't read any article about it, but I would say Fitch is more dangerous because I think what makes one fighter dangerous to others is the fighter's ability/likelihood to win.

Fitch is more dangerous to Penn because he is more likely to win IMO.

Post #6   1/18/11 7:42:12PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

My answer is Fitch.

I agree with him!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   1/18/11 7:44:39PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,876-1,035
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think Penn has more offensive tools in his striking and ground game, but I think Fitch will be the overall better fighter. Not only will he have the size and strength advantage, but he will have AKA's guerilla wrestling which works really well for him, and doesn't take many risks that leaves him open for punishment. I think Penn will look good for most of the first round, but when he can't finish and Fitch gets him down a few times and starts grinding, Penn will lose his will to fight as we've seen before.

Honestly, I don't care about a more exciting Fitch. I like the way he is. I like watching a fighter use his style to his advantage while taking more risks, keeping his goal in mind. Fitch is one of the better mixed martial artists in the game right now, I'd hate to see him fall down the rankings just to please the fans. I see enough excitement from the Anderson Silvas and the Leanard Garcias, I don't mind seeing a Fitch or GSP style fight once in a while.

Post #8   1/18/11 7:53:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
more dangerous, most likely Penn.
better fighter, most likely Fitch (records speak for themselves)

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   1/18/11 11:05:46PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

The better fighter is more dangerous.

EDIT: IMO

Last edited 1/19/11 8:23AM server time by State_Champ
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   1/18/11 11:07:52PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Kill Fitch, BJ! Dont let him lay on you and do absolutely nothing. And when I mean nothing, I mean nothing...

Post #11   1/18/11 11:13:28PM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,634-1,079
Chips:
I like Fitch a lot and think he is way more of an exciting fighter than Leonard Garcia. The reason why I feel that way is because Leonard isn't really too acurate with his striking. He straight up swings wild and just screams while being able to take a **** load of punishment. It doesn't entertain me because I feel that most people could do that with the right heart and chin. Not bashing Leonard but I think there is a whole lot more work and focus the way Fitch fights and I appreciate it. With all that said I hope BJ comes up with a way to pull out a win.

Post #12   1/19/11 1:31:30AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,916-1,066
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Bubbles

Well, I'd say Anderson Silva is a helluva lot more dangerous than Georges St. Pierre, even though i wouldnt say one is really all that much better than the other.

A dangerous fighter has the ability to turn the fight around and gain momentum with a small window of opportunity.

Comparing Fitch and Penn, Penn's style of fighting is alot more dangerous than Fitch's.

Post #13   1/19/11 2:22:17AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Bubbles

Well, I'd say Anderson Silva is a helluva lot more dangerous than Georges St. Pierre, even though i wouldnt say one is really all that much better than the other.

A dangerous fighter has the ability to turn the fight around and gain momentum with a small window of opportunity.

Comparing Fitch and Penn, Penn's style of fighting is alot more dangerous than Fitch's.

I'm right there with you, Jordan. Looking strictly at the definition of the word "dangerous," absolutely NOTHING with Jon Fitch makes me think "danger."

I wanted it noted that I am not bashing Fitch, nor am I diminishing his skills. I think about it like this, an anaconda and a Bengal tiiger could both still kill me, but I would much rather be locked in a cage than an anaconda.

Last edited 1/19/11 5:48AM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   1/19/11 5:47:30AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Pookie

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Bubbles

I'm right there with you, Jordan. Looking strictly at the definition of the word "dangerous," absolutely NOTHING with Jon Fitch makes me think "danger."

I wanted it noted that I am not bashing Fitch, nor am I diminishing his skills. I think about it like this, an anaconda and a Bengal tiiger could both still kill me, but I would much rather be locked in a cage than an anaconda.

Fair enough.
I guess it's just a matter of preference.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Post #15   1/19/11 8:25:42AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2