Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

After big revelation with Lesnar, Barry ready for Beltran at UFC Fight Night 23

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Something had been missing in the two years since Pat Barry gave up his K-1 dreams and decided to become a ninja. Or a mixed martial artist.

One of the two. Maybe both.

Barry was doing everything he needed to become a well-rounded fighter, which in his case was a near-daily regimen of wrestling and jiu jitsu with his stablemates at Roufusport Academy in Milwaukee.

He toiled on the mats learning about the completely different application of leverage and balance. He learned about how to get out of bad situations and how to get back to his feet. He got tapped, a lot.
Article

Post #1   1/18/11 11:04:57AM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I'm a big fan of this guy, great striker, very exciting.

Post #2   1/18/11 11:23:03AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
i hope Barry isnt another HW prospect who flames out

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   1/18/11 3:25:09PM   

BigCountryFedor

Banned for Cheating

BigCountryFedor Avatar

Career:653-352
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Both might be trying to keep their job so Beltran needs to go for takedowns and Barry should already know this and impliment a sprawl & brawl/kickboxing gameplan to a tee. I've been hearing rumors Barry's coming into this fight real bulked up and I think it makes sense for this fight if he dosent gas out.

Post #4   1/18/11 3:54:28PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Maybe Beltran is fighting for his job? I see this as a tune-up fight for Pat, coming off injured hand and foot.Barry is a great striker, maybe has the deadliest leg kicks in MMA. My geuss is he uses those kicks to keep distance and KO Beltran early in the 2nd rnd.

Last edited 1/18/11 5:37PM server time by bustedknuckle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   1/18/11 5:36:52PM